Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I eating too much during bulking?

Jon.W.

High End Bro
Platinum
I'm 18, about 185 pounds, and have made huge gains in weight since I have started training and eating lots. The last time I went on a bulking diet I put on about 28 pounds in 5 weeks. I was eating upwards of 5000 kcals a day and 250g+ of protein. Several people have commented on how unhealthy this is, I was wondering if anyone knew whether I am damaging myself or not?

I say 5000cals for you is unnecessary. You could make great gains at 4000.
Most recommend 21x your bodyweight in lbs.
4000 is a bit higher. This is just fine.

How much of the 28lbs was fat/muscle?

dude I've been in the same situation .... it doesnt matter when I bulk I eat like a pig...no matter what then I cut...... good luck bro

blood_drinker said:
I say 5000cals for you is unnecessary. You could make great gains at 4000.
Most recommend 21x your bodyweight in lbs.
4000 is a bit higher. This is just fine.

How much of the 28lbs was fat/muscle?

I agree. 5000 cals is too much, eat 300-4000 a day and you'll be fine.
I also want to know how much of that 28 lbs was fat. Unless you were
on steroids, 28 lbs in five weeks is sure to be almost all fat.

Accept a gain of 1-2lbs a week in overall weight. More than that, you are gaining too much fat and water. Accept the big boost youll have in your weight the first week, if you just came out of a normal person diet or a cutting diet you will gain water. Less than 1lbs youd be undereating. Obviously thats not our problem though.
Good luck, Pm me if you got questions

a few factors

He may have a really active lifestyle too. I weigh about 185 or so, and bulk using around 4500 cals. SO if he's really active maybe but I'm with you guys on the 28 lbs... either alot of fat, or alot of aas. Maybe he's got the natural test levels of a horse :)

Actually i'd say that at least two thirds of it was muscle and that is no shit, the amount of people that noticed was ridiculous, some people said that I looked like a different person. Alot of it went on my shoulders, I think deadlifts had quite a lot to do with that. I'm still gonna bulk at around 5000 cals though because it is my reward for feeling so small and shitty in my cutting period my workouts have been real bad.

The math for this....

Lets see 28 lb in 5 weeks
5*7 = 35 days
28 lb * 3500 cals = 98000 cals
98000 / 35 = 12250 cals a day
So your bmr is apparantly a whopping negative 7250 calories a day.

I Call a big load of bull dung on thise one.
You would have to be eating aroudn 16000 (thats THOUSAND) calories a day to gain 28 lb of fat/muscle in 5 weeks.

Elijah I don't know why the fuck you think calculations will prove me wrong, I know what I achieved, all i'm saying is that when I stepped on the scales before I started bulking I was 11 and a half stone, maybe a little bit more, when I stepped on the scales at the end of the five week period I was 13 and a half. I am not a liar and i'm not the kind of person to say things like this for whatever reason if their not true. There's 14 pounds in a stone so it works out at 28 pounds, tho some of it would be water e.t.c

Stickman: here is what I ate every day ( i know little about dieting at the moment, i'm sure my diet was very bad but I just wanted to get bigger so don't rip me apart for this)
Meal 1: 4/5 scrambled eggs, 2 slices toast, 1 full bowl of cereal, 2 pieces of fruit + creatine serving.
Meal 2: Tin of soup, packet of noodles, tuna sandwich + fruit.
Meal 3: Joe weider's protein drink and crash weight gain drink,- 4 scoops each, 1 small tin of baked beans.
Meal 4: Dinner (normally something healthy with meat and salad), tin of rice pudding.
Meal 5: Another 4 scoop protein and weight gain drink, 2 slices of toast + yoghurt + creatine serving.

Bear in mind that previous to this I had endured a 3 week period of eating 3 meals a day max due to certain reasons, so my body was very shocked by the change, this was also the first time I had done creatine. I was drinkng about 7 glasses of water a day and basically only got off my ass to eat. Please give feedback,

Top Bottom