Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Am I cheating on Incline Curls or what?

Madd Hatter

New member
For GVT, I started my 10x10 incline bicep curls w/ 20's. After a couple moderate sessions w/ them I went to 25's even though I knew they'd be too much and I wouldn't make it. I blew thru it today. Could I have been cheating w/o realizing it? I can't believe I need to go up to 30's (I'm a pussy bitch). I sit in the bench, and though my head may come up so i can see the mirror, my back stays on the bench. And I lift the db's to my chest, twisting my wrist as I go up and down. Elbows come up some, but this is natural I believe. Could I be using something else to throw them up instead of my biceps? The last couple sets got hard and burning a little but that's it.
 
only advice i can give is lower the volume man, no need for 10x10, just do 3 sets of 8
 
The beneficial part of this lift comes from your elbows being back behind you. Keep the elbows back perpendicular to the floor. Like Lee said... I would lower the volume...a lot
 
To lower the volume is to abandon the program as it is GVT. After GVT, he should lower the volume, but only after (if GVT is working for him).

I agree with Thaibox regarding form. Keep those elbows back/down.
 
When I do incline curls I use to keep my head up and look in the mirror. Lie on the bench like you're doing incline DB presses you will feel a better strecth in your biceps.

How's your GVT training going, are you using PH or AAS?
 
Ok, I'll try to keep everything on the bench and be sure to keep my elbows down.

Training is going... ok, I guess. I was sore as hell after the first week thru, but nothing since then. After 2 weeks I haven't noticed any differences, but my weight is up 12lbs (water weight). I should say, it WAS up 12 lbs. I got sick yesterday!!!! Ate NOTHING, couldn't even put my One+ on. Not sure I'll make it to the gym today either, but have applied my One+.
 
Next time you do them pay attention to where your fore arm is at the top of the move. If you are keeping your elbows back and upper arm perp to the floor then you shouldn't be able to get your fore arm much past parallel to the floor. It kinda feels like you're not getting enough range but it's all good.

JoBu
 
Never done inclines myself. I would recommend dumbell preacher curls. Pretty hard to cheat on these, but they really work your biceps. I do em one arm at a time and am up to almost 40# on each arm.
 
erickthegreat11 said:
Never done inclines myself. I would recommend dumbell preacher curls. Pretty hard to cheat on these, but they really work your biceps. I do em one arm at a time and am up to almost 40# on each arm.

i also do these, and get a great pump out of em. i start with ezbar preacher, then do these later in the workout with 40# each arm.
 
This can be the nature of the beast with GVT... you can make sudden astounding gains. The first time I did GVT I packed on 7-8 lbs of muscle in 2 months without juice. Best gains I ever made.
 
Top Bottom