Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am Cardio

localgirl

Just wanted to get some ladies opinions on this.

What are some pro's & con's with doing fasted cardio?

Should a protien shake be consumed before begining?

I've heard its amazing for cutting up. What do YOU think????? :heart:

well i have very little expierence with it. been doing it for about 2 weeks the 2nd week more consistantly and i think its works. i do look leaner and i feel stronger so i don't think i look leaner from loss of muscle but fat.

and yes i have a protein shake containg very few carbs before. i'm gonna keep doing it and i'll post pics in about 4 weeks with stats

I know you asked for females but I started doing the same and this is the pros and cons I've been told about:

The idea behind fasted cardio is that the bodies glucose levels are low after the night's fast. Therefore more fat should be used as a source of fuel.

The downside is catabolism (loss of muscle mass).

Beachboy6294 said:
I know you asked for females but I started doing the same and this is the pros and cons I've been told about:

The idea behind fasted cardio is that the bodies glucose levels are low after the night's fast. Therefore more fat should be used as a source of fuel.

The downside is catabolism (loss of muscle mass).

Its not a strictly ladies only question!
Everyones thoughts are valued :)

Fast acting carbs before cardio. Such as, a banana, rice cake, etc. in addition to BCAA and glutamine; that way you'll burn bf, not what you just consumed. However you should eat protein once you finish cardio..

localgirl said:
Its not a strictly ladies only question!
Everyones thoughts are valued :)
Cool have you started yet? I started about 2 weeks ago and I love it so far but I'll let you know my results in a few more weeks.

Fasted cardio is only going to be catabolic if you are quite low body fat.

The more fat you have, the more your body will use fat and protect lean tissue (this is one advantage we have ladies, we do just have higher body fat levels on average).

I sometimes have a bit of grapefruit before my fasted cardio.

Fruit is great as it doesn't really spike insulin and can enter the muscle without the aid of insulin.

I actually havent started yet. Will be doing this tomorrow on- for the next 2 weeks.
Wake- 5am
Eat 1/2 grapefruit or banana
Jump Rope for 20 min.
Followed by breakfast & work.

I have high bf & would like to cut it down significantly..has anyone seen good results from this?

:heart:

You know, I just learned something new. I always heard that fasted AM cardio was best for fat loss, but I never understood the mechanics of it.

I also know that for some people this is indicated while for others it isn't absolutely a necessity.

What I have always found to work best (over the long haul) is to keep mixing it up... this way your body is always guessing/never has the time to adjust.

Also like the skipping rope. Anyone can do it anywhere. Jump ropes don't cost all that much and hardly take up ANY space (especially in comparison to a treadmill LOL). As long as your joints are happy, I say go to it as it is not nearly as hard on your joints as running. Good for your shoulders, wrists, grip, forearm and calves as well. :)

Top Bottom