Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alternating routines

SoreArms

I've been getting bored of my routine, and I would think that my muscles need change too. I think most people will do a few weeks of one routine and change it up again in a few weeks and so on. What if I alternate 2 routines every week, will that work too?

I was thinking of something like this

Back
Week 1
tbar
lat pull down
low row
pull ups
Week 2
high lat row (smith machine)
bent over db rows
lat pull down
pull ups

*(deads will be thrown in there some time soon, as soon as I learn how to dl)

chest
week 1
incline db press
smith machine press
cross over cable
week 2
flat bench
decline bench
cross over

legs will stay the same untill I start DL, then I will alternate squats one week, no DL, and DL the next week, no squats. Probably do leg press on non squat days.

What you guys think?

Any input on my choice of excercises is greatly appreciated.

personally i like to stick with my routine..its the only way to put up big numbers..changing a routine if its not working is a different story..i dont get bored of doing the same thing because i have a challenge to meet for every bodypart therefore its not boring..if your pushing the same weights week in and week out..then yeah change it up..i genreally change something we i fail to meet a goal..change reps number of sets jsut to do something different

seems like a good idea, up until recently i did about 1 year over bb bench, bb incline, just switched up 2 weeks ago to only dbs, and it feels great to me, i'm planning on switching up every month or so, also when i follow up a leg day with a back day i will replace deads with heavy rows in order to give my low back a rest, variety is definatly good in lifting

Top Bottom