Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
outspoken is a good thing. aggressive? i dont know. maybe they meant assertive instead of aggressive? many people interchange these two terms although they have diff meanings

It spoken to a salesman by the builder I share office space with and it was in relationship to getting the office hardwired with a T1 line with two wireless networks.

The salesman had no idea as to what he was doing and tried to sell something to us that I knew would not work with out building's infrastructure. I had been challenging him on it since December and finally I said - OK go ahead try it your way first.

Two techs later they could get it to work.

Still wouldn't do it my way.

Added a booster and still could get it to work.

Two months of doing it their way and failing they decided to try what I had to say.

3 hours later they had it running.

The salesman finally said - I guess you were right.

Then turned to the builder and says - "she's a real piece work"

The builder said, "yeah, she's aggressive and outspoken."

jackangel said:
definitely an insult. i'm sure you're pleased.

It can't be too bad if the builder asks me to help manage his jobs b/c his project manager can't get the subs to do thier jobs in a timely manner.

People pay well to get their job done right the first time. You can't do what I do well by being a mousy, sweet wallflower - you have to speak up to get things done, especially if you're a female working with dozens of men.

So, I'm going to take it as a compliment.

It's not my fault the salesmen doesn't know about what he sells. It is my problem though if I suggest a service to someone and I don't have the resources to get the job done correctly.

I think you are a very strong female who knows how to get the job done. If that makes you aggressive and outspoken, so be it. Personally, I don't think it really fit in the context of the verbal exchange, but I don't think it was meant as an insult. You have to be aggressive and outspoken if you want to get anywhere in the business world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom