Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Afc West...

M

madbomber31

ah, the good ole afc west... a fantasy players heaven.. stats galore....

i am having a tough time with this division mainly due to kansas city... i've been saying how good i think they can be, yet EVERYONE else seems to think it's gonna take time to gel and that holmes is NOT a good feature back... well, lets see what i decide...

i believe the consensus last place team will be: SAN DIEGO- tomlinson just signed, he should be ready to go in a few weeks but he has a lot of catching up to do with the play book.. he'll get time, but limited plays... flutie took his cereal out west and should spark the offense a little... drew brees will end up getting some time this year, either due to blow outs or once the season slips away from them, i'd guess he starts at least 3 games.
this team has a very mediocre yet capable receiver corps... tim dwight will get some long balls thrown at him, conway and graham are the starters... couple that with tomlinson when he gets going and they will be adequate, which compared to last year is FANTASTIC!!!

on defense, well, it's always the strength of the chargers (since junior has been around).. no difference this year either. the DLINE is pretty good, anchored by the end wiley... they still have one of the best backers in the game, despite his getting older and slowing down a bit, junior brings it, every week... they did wonders with the secondary in FA.. they got ryan mcneil (he really is a bum though) and alex molden, both will start too... safety rodney harrison returns to anchor the unit... rogers becket is the other safety...

last year, they put up 31 vs the rams (just wanna point out how bad that defense was)... they lost by 1 to the saints, chiefs, and broncos, lost by 2 and 3 to oakland, and by 2 to seattle... interesting, isnt it? despite going 1-15 they werent THAT bad... couple bounces this way or that and they go 5-11... which they will do this year. (it helps they play a horrible schedule-dallas, cleveland, cinci, NE)...

SEAHAWKS- it's tough picking this division because i can see the top 4 winning 9 games, which will not happen of course. they just signed hasselbeck to a long term deal... why??? he has yet to play a real game for them!!! running backs are very solid, watters is watters, always a man... alexander is so good that they were able to allow ahman green to split town last year... alexander will end up sharing time with rickey, and will be the replacement when ricks contract is up...wide receivers are very young, which could be huge for them... one way or another... they will make or break the team...

on defense... this is a veteran unit with some older studs on it now...sinclair is still there, chad eaton and john randle are in the middle... is cortez kennedy dead? why not resign him? the linebacking group is also made over... levon kirkland hops on board joining simmons and brown.... secondary got an awesome addition in marcus robertson from the titans...corners WOULD be great if springs gets healthy (hammy torn)... they drafted another this year, so they have drafted 3 corners in recent years... and all will be very solid.... (springs already is, of course)...

i'm lookin for the seahawks to win 8....

KANSAS CITY CHEFS... that was such a cool commercial... paint guy forgot the "I"... anway, this team is a team i really like, yet most go against that and say one thing or another negative about them... i say "FUCK THEM"!!!!! chiefs will be good and contend for a playoff spot... in comes trent green, who would have had a HUGE year had he not been hurt 2 years ago... his preseason performance was unreal before the injury.... priest holmes IS the feature back... he did very well when called upon for the ravens in his time there... the guy can play but the ravens chose to let him leave instead of pay him... plus, he wanted to start and rightfully so. they also got a return man/receiver tony horne... they have snoop minnis, sylvester morris, AND derrick alexander... throw in tony gonzales and they have a more than capable receiving group... rams part deux???

on defense look for derrick thomas to make big plays... damn, thats not even funny...they do have a veteran linebacking group with edwards and patton... ray crockett and one corner and eric warfield at the other... safeties are jerome woods and greg wesley... this defense is nowhere near the typical chiefs defenses of the 90's... not nearly as physical nor as talented... but they are still a middle of the pack defense and if the offense puts up points they should do fine.... they win 8 to 9 games and challenge for a wild card spot.

yet again, i am pressed to pick a division winner, and yet again both teams are so good its tough to call... either could go to the afc championships game... but which will it be winning the division?

on offense the broncos are super... griese is healthy and does not throw interceptions... he can move when needed... he moves the ball around... plus, he has a 3 headed monster running back tandom... t.d? gary? or anderson? who will it be? t.d. is gonna be hard pressed to fight his way back into the lineup if the broncos win early... the receievers are the same as always, smith and mccaffery... they added eddie kennison as a 3rd guy... they have the fire power to put up some big points...

the raiders are lead by rich gannon again... they added jerry rice to be the NUMBER 2 guy!!!! jerry rice, a number 2? tim brown of course is number one... gone is spider man... how can you go wrong throwing to these two guys? deep threat is james jett... man, very solid group... they too are deep at rb with wheatley and garner... nice little 1-2 punch and i am sure we will hear that "thunder and lightening" thing again about these guys... FYI- garner was the original lightening... he and rickey watters in philly were thunder and lightening... long before dayne and barber.

on defense, the broncos2 starters from their line, a starting corner, and a nickel back... so what do they do? they get 3 starters from other teams... mcglockton, washington,and lett... they are deep at corner with adding 2 guys, including denard walker who was overshadowed in tn. by samari rolle.. safeties are eric brown (dude who got fined) and billy jenkins.... at LB they added woodall, still have romo and mobley... nice group!

the raiders on defense start at corner... great corners!!! allen and woodson are second to none... add in dorsett and pope at the safeties and you got a great secondary... LB's include big play willie t... and elijah alexander... line is anchored by darrell russell who should have a big year with the addition of trace armstrongs pass rush...

it is a pure toss up with these two... the broncos do have one edge.. they play dallas and arizona... the winner of the division will be the team that wins the december 30th GAME OF THE YEAR!!!! both win 11....

It will be close between Denver and Oakland, for some reason though, I thought Gannon had a career year last year and odds are won't repeat that performance. I like the addition of Charlie Garner, he can make the big play and gives the Raiders a great one-two punch. Denver obviously has a great running game and a good passing game and both have solid, not great defenses. For no reason in particular, I'll go with the Broncos. San Diego might be good in a few years and Seattle and KC are solid teams, but I think they lack the talent of the Raiders and Broncos and, barring some injuries to those teams, will fall out of the race in Decemeber.

Every time Get cut off in traffic by some idiot swerving in my lane, the fucker has a "Raider Nation" or "Silver, black and blue" or "Go Raiders" bumper sticker.

Those people need a life.

Personally I'm offended by that comment.
I happen to have a very expensive Mirror, Raiders plate on the front of my truck.
I'm leaving now, headin out west to run yo ass off da road... :D

Chiefs

I'm a Chiefs fan. I hope this year is a return to the playoffs. The offense looks hot, the d-line looks strong linebackers and safeties are solid. One corner looks weak, tho.

Is it me, or are the NFC Central and AFC West the hardest divisions in football?

Top Bottom