Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Adding in deadlifts

Brapbrap07

I want to add deadlifts to My current workout routine. This is my workout order if everything is perfect that week.( work doesn't throw curve balls or I'm not too exhausted)

Chest/triceps.
Quads/calfs.
Back/biceps.
Cardio/core.
Shoulders.
Cardio.
Rest.

If I add in deadlifts should I do it on back days or leg days? And when i do add it should I space those two days apart.

But the main thing for me is to not overtrain my upper body by overusing my stabilizer muscles from smashing too many workouts together.

For some extra info:
My workout style is a cardio warmup
Followed by dumbell 10lb warmup for upper and wall sits and light stretching for legs. Followed by a light 1st set a 60-75 percent, 10 rep 2nd set. My 3rd is a 5-6 rep is my 90percent. And my fourth is 1-3 reps 100% max weight. Which I switch up the last set every couple of weeks to a small break down pyramid to break a plateau for the main muscle groups.
This has worked for me and I haven't flat lined yet on any workout.
Due to injuries and getting sick I'm currently
5'9
239lb 18-19% bf. (Buying a electronic caliper this friday) since my weights flatlined but my physical appearance is still changing

My reason bringing in deadlift is to bring overall strength and mass to my body while steadily dropping my fat. In addition, I want to do deadlifts while I'm on a cycle when I'm finally maintaining 10-12% bf.

My squats I'm at
315x11

Back
125lb dumbellsx10
Upper rows 5plates on each armx5

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EliteFitness

Back day is where it's at. Nothing hits my back harder than deads. You'll be fine with your spacing

With your split I would do them first on shoulder day. I would not do them on a leg day or too close to a leg day.

Do them on back day. You will need to switch back and bis with shoulder day though.

On a side note I don't see a day for hamstrings, do you only train quads?

My opinion is you dont just add in deadlifts, you plan your workout around them. They are one of my all time favorite exercises but put huge demands on the body.

what set/rep range do you work with on deads ?

Generally no more than 5 reps for 5 sets and often do triples and singles. It changes frequently.

Top Bottom