Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Accutane Help

Slayerbtvs

I am on Accutane started at 40 then to 60 now at 80... My dermotologist told me to stop taking any supplements but I havent basically because I dont want to lolol...and my face is cycling through clearness and pimples, I was wondering if drinking shakes and eating bars has any affect on the effectiveness of Accutane. I've been on it for about 3 months and have seen not as good results as I would have liked...
-Matt

You really need to be careful about the amount of vitamin A you're getting, and a single protein bar can often have as much as 100% of the RDA of A.

I don't think this affects the efficacy of Accutane, however. But I'm not sure.

dude, i was on accutane about 5 months ago, now only taking it one pill a week and the stuff is the best thing that ever happened to me, i used to have acne pretty bad and now my face is totally clear, trust me you will know what i mean in a few months. newayz i dont think you need to worry about any effects of shakes and bars with ti, i always used them and there was no effects, also a sahke is just like any other protein source just diff amino acid profile, it isnt really a supplement, same with bars. if anything you need to worry about the sides of the accutane itself, dont worry about the bars and stuff.

I agree, I would not be ingesting any extra sources vitamin A.

Concomitant use of isotretinoin and other sources of vitamin A can potentiate the toxic effects of isotretinoin(accutane).

As good as Accutane, and I've heard several success stories, it has a side effect profile a mile long. The most common effects are mucocutaneous ie Cheilitis, xerosis, xerostomia, epistaxis, peeling, and pruritus and it is teratogen BTW.

Yeh I mean I havent felt sick or anything...and all the bars I have have either 35%-50% of the total Vitamin A supply for a day...I dont take a multi which would put me over...to me its just like eating foos with Vitamin A..your not supposed to avoid those i dont think
Wish me luck
Any other comments would be appreciated
-Matt

Don't worry about it not kicking in, cause it will. It took my system 6 months to really get maximum results. You should be careful about sunlight if your in that type of climate. I happened to find my way down to Florida when i was on it, hit the beach, and ended up in the clinic with 2nd degree burns, getting injected with cortisone.

Top Bottom