Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ab work volume

drhodes1970

How often should abs be worked i currently do weighted crunches on a cable pulldown station holding the ropes at my chest. We do these twice a week and I was wondering if this is enough direct work for abs.

1 or twice a week if your using weights is perfect. Its just like any other muscle. You wouldn't train any other body part 3 or 4 times a week would you?

How many sets do you usually do?

once or twice a week is what I thought. 8-10 sets is normal 4 us and 12-15 reps . would lowering the reps and going a little heavier be good 4 abs?

Yea that seems like it would totally be a good amount of volume for abs. I used to do heavy weight and low reps and all it did was make my stomach look stupid huge. I switched to doing stomach vacuums and using moderate to some what heavy weight but at least geting 8-12 reps.

I think what your doing right now is fine though

Thats what EF is about, we take care of our own. From vets to new guys we are all family so don't hesitate and make yourself feel at home!

Top Bottom