Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A few more questions for Needsize.

Slyder190

Needsize, I got a few more ??? for ya-

When doing arms, do you think it might ever be a better idea to go up in 2-1/2lbs incraments?

When doing the sets of 8-10 following the 5x5 sets, should you also increase the poundages by 5lbs as you go up in weight, or can you go up by say 10lbs?

Thanks.

You dont actually have to go up in weight on the accessory 8-10 lifts. It is nice if you can but the goal is move up on your compound lifts. It wouldn't be able to move up on the accessorys as often as the compound lifts especially if you are working near maximal weights.

RusPA81 said:
You dont actually have to go up in weight on the accessory 8-10 lifts.

Rus is right. The workings sets (5X5) are where you MUST progress your weight. The additional 2 excersises (2X8-10), are supplementary. IF your 5 sets are going up in weight. BELIEVE ME - your other 2 excersises will go up too. You'll notice that the 2 excersises are way too damn easy so you'll add poundage to them. I'm doing the two sets of supplemental excersises at a weight level where I USED to do my 5X5 sets at.

they hit the nail on the head, dont stress about going up in weight on the 8-10 sets, if you can, great, and you will over time, but the key really is the 5x5.
As for the other question, with arms I go up the smallest increment possible, so 2 1/2 is great. I'm at the point where even on deadlifting over 500 for reps, I still only add 5lbs total to the bar every week

5x5

I am not worried about going up in the supplemental 8-10rep movements, well I am, but it's not my main goal as the 5x5 are. But they are going up naturally as progress, so im was just wondering how much to add the next week when I nail 10 reps with good form.

And for arms, so should I concentrate on going up by 5lbs or 2-1/2, or just see how it goes from week to week with 5lbs, and take it from there?

Re: 5x5

slyder190 said:

And for arms, so should I concentrate on going up by 5lbs or 2-1/2, or just see how it goes from week to week with 5lbs, and take it from there?

If you have a way to add 2 1/2 pounds a week do it. Most gym dont have 1 1/4 plates. If you are doing CG press I would try to stick with 5 pound jumps. On bis 2 1/2 could be a good idea as they are the hardest, IMO to regularly increase weights on.

Top Bottom