Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"a cop pulled me over and I got out of a getting ticket" stories

*MissFit* said:
HMMM i agree in some areas your right..

Not some - all. Nobody can ever convince me otherwise. I see women everyday in my line of work get ahead simply because they are decent looking or flirt or act like helpless little dipshits. We need to call off the entire women's rights movement cause they get the world handed to em on a silver platter (which also says a lot about the guys that give it to em).

OMG MissFit you were so lucky...lol

my sister got pulled over by some cops without uniform and gave them attitude until they showed her their badge. Later the same night they saw her driving the small streets and pulled her over again and she told them that she was taking her friend home, but there is someone in front of the entrance and she is scared. So, the cops took her home and my sister go.

A State Patrollman found a bowl in my car one time after he pulled me over for speeding. After ransacking my car he gave it back to me, made me dismantle it (it was one of those metal ones you can take apart), and let me keep it. He still gave me the speeding ticket but I didn't much care at that point. I just wanted the fuck outta there!

GoldenDelicious said:
the cops are obviously mesmerised by your adams apple bobbing up and down as you talk and forget wtf they pulled you over for ;)

:doublefi:

Bitch :chomp:

In the same respect.. it pisses me off that i am not always taken seriously at work...for this exact reason..

At work i think it should be based on merit..not what you look like.. i went to college and university and sometimes i feel like i should've just twirled my hair a bit longer and not wasted all that $ and effort.

KillahBee said:
Not some - all. Nobody can ever convince me otherwise. I see women everyday in my line of work get ahead simply because they are decent looking or flirt or act like helpless little dipshits. We need to call off the entire women's rights movement cause they get the world handed to em on a silver platter (which also says a lot about the guys that give it to em).

*MissFit* said:
In the same respect.. it pisses me off that i am not always taken seriously at work...for this exact reason..

At work i think it should be based on merit..not what you look like.. i went to college and university and sometimes i feel like i should've just twirled my hair a bit longer and not wasted all that $ and effort.

agreed. it works both ways. but my point is that all you ever hear from most women's advocates is the point you just expressed - they never seem to mention or acknowledge al lthe advantages. in my mind, one washes the other right out.

i know the advatanges and don't doubt them.. but i would like to be taken serious in my field of work and sometimes know that my apperance..hinders that.. especially because i have taken the time to educate myself and want to actually "work" :rolleyes:

I left my last role because i wasn't taken seriously and came to this company... but came against the same wall..

The way i look at it is this; i might look alright now.. but in 10 years what then.. i need a better basis than.. 'i'm cute look at me."

Do you know what im trying to say?

KillahBee said:
agreed. it works both ways. but my point is that all you ever hear from most women's advocates is the point you just expressed - they never seem to mention or acknowledge al lthe advantages. in my mind, one washes the other right out.

*MissFit* said:
i know the advatanges and don't doubt them.. but i would like to be taken serious in my field of work and sometimes know that my apperance..hinders that.. especially because i have taken the time to educate myself and want to actually "work" :rolleyes:

I left my last role because i wasn't taken seriously and came to this company... but came against the same wall..

The way i look at it is this; i might look alright now.. but in 10 years what then.. i need a better basis than.. 'i'm cute look at me."

Do you know what im trying to say?

I've already acknowledged that I completely understand (as much as a man can). But as I said, it works both ways. I see it every day. So yeah, it sucks what you are saying, but it also works to your advantage. In a perfect world, neither would happen and you would be judged on merit, as you said.

A friend of mine (doctor, husband, father of two, no criminal record)

Once drove about 10 MPH where about 30 was allowed and swirled over the road a bit and got stopped by the police. They asked him to get out of the car. He was dressed in suit and with the symbols of our fraternity (hes an alumni who attended one of our parties) He tried to step out of the car but just fell on the road and fell asleep.

He had to go to the station but never did any time or paid any fine.I still don´t know how he did it

Top Bottom