Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

8 weeks out...new squat PR

Yesterday I hit 535@154 in full gear. It was rather easy and I wasn't fully over a cold I had all week. I'm shooting for around 555-560 in two weeks. I'm doing the APF Southern States on 12/6-12/7. This will be the biggest meet I've been too and I plan to hit some huge PR's. The website shows the National record for Junior 165's in the squat is 540. I hope to break that on a second attempt.

I used to have a decent deadlift and poor squat. Now it's the other way around, lol. Gonna have to change my name.

BTW- anyone else here doing that meet? If so, I'll see ya down there.

Thanks fellas.

After speed squats yesterday I pulled my first 5 plate deadlift. I was trying my suit out for the first time since having the straps tightened. I still have to decide if I'll pull in the poly or try the canvas out.

7 weeks out!!!

Right now I am getting a lot from my squat gear, a decent amount from the shirt(not enough) and a little bit on deads. When my best deadlift was 455, I could pull 450 in a belt. Now I can pull 495, but have never tried more than 450 without at least suit bottoms on. I go sumo very wide.

I don't really know my true raw maxes and since I am using the gear in meets I have been training with the gear a lot to get the most out of it. I'm really feeling much more comfortable in the gear since doing this. I am basically using the canvas once every other week and the bench shirt once every other week.

If I had to guess though, because of the way I train I bet the squat I will hit in 7 weeks will be over 200 lbs over my "belt only" max. This will be in poly briefs, canvas suit and knee wraps. My raw squat would be higher iof I trained it more. I have hit 320 lbs on a 10" box with the SSB in only a belt and narrow stance. My form in the gear is much better than my form raw.

Finally broke 300!!

305@157 today in my poly. This is the heaviest I have weighed in this cycle and in a long time. The added weight is definitely helping.

I'm getting the feel for all these weights in the gym. Come meet time we'll be old friends. :D

Top Bottom