Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

70's bodybuilders - Types of Drugs Used

Okay, frankly, there are hardly any freaks nowadays and there are also still very few guys who have physiques like the pros of the 70's. Sure, genetics was a factor, but I would bet you large sums of money that they used more gear than many people seem to think. I'm not saying they were up to 2g of test a week even, but someone was for sure playing around with higher doses, and the odds are it was the pros, or at least some of them. I would also bet a lot of them weren't even coming off. I don't know what they took, and that's my main point. Just look at what everyone here is admitting to taking, and then look at what people you know personally and what they're taking, then take a look at how hard they work and how big they are, etc. Do a break-down of everyone you see around you and what you KNOW to be true. Then take a guess at what you think the pros of the 70's were taking and if you come up with 200mg of test or deca a week then you're weird. Do you guys really think that for someone who weighed like a ripped 240lbs + that 20mg of d-bol and 200mg of deca would do the trick? Your body would have to be producing more hormones than that to even maintain that kind of size. I agree though that they took less than some people do nowadays and it's only going to get worse, if you ask me.

DeadLiftZ said:
If you take a look at the bodybuilding magazines during the 70's (Muscle Builder; Muscular Development, Muscle Training Illustrated) the pages were filled with freakish physiques with incredible striations and huge muscle bellies.

Of course, they were on drugs. But what were the prominent drugs during that period? Also, were the training methods used really inferior to today's scientifically proven methods of training?
Take a look at Serge Nubret on this cover (along with the guy next to him):

MuscleMemory.Com

I'm inclined to think that guys like Nubret, Arnold, Franko, Robinson, and the others that trained at that time were either all genetic freaks or trained better...

thanx for the link.....sweet :fro:

How could I forget my first cycle back in the summer of 1984? The gear we used was human grade from u.s. pharmaceutical companies. It was cheap and it was readily available. Those really were the “good old days” before 1991 when steroids were classified as a controlled substance. I even openly admitted to using them when asked—guilt free. Now I would never admit it—not because I’m ashamed, but because it’s criminal.

Arnold trained 6 times a week 5 hours a day (if you have the DVD of pumping iron its in the bonus clips you hear him say it)

corvettedudeman said:
I just dont see how it would be possible to take 10mg dbol a day. Given the half life is 4 hours, to have it consistent in your body for 24hours straight there would need to be 6 doses throughout the day. That means they would have to cut pills into thirds... Being that a pill is active ingredient plus filler, the likelyhood that they got even doses is not great. Therefore it is my assumption that they at least took 6 pills a day to have constant dbol in their system.

Just because the half life is 4 hours does not mean that it is out of the system in 8 hours.

I posted this in the trianing forum as well, was wondering if anyone here has input

Just got done watching "Pumping Iron" again and noticed that the BB's at the time had these huge chest that has become really rare today.

Anyone else notice it, what did they do?

Top Bottom