Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

70's bodybuilders - Types of Drugs Used

DeadLiftZ

If you take a look at the bodybuilding magazines during the 70's (Muscle Builder; Muscular Development, Muscle Training Illustrated) the pages were filled with freakish physiques with incredible striations and huge muscle bellies.

Of course, they were on drugs. But what were the prominent drugs during that period? Also, were the training methods used really inferior to today's scientifically proven methods of training?
Take a look at Serge Nubret on this cover (along with the guy next to him):

MuscleMemory.Com

I'm inclined to think that guys like Nubret, Arnold, Franko, Robinson, and the others that trained at that time were either all genetic freaks or trained better...

Guys like Arnold or Nubret had incredible genetics. They were using stuff like dbols, primo, test and I guess deca.

diamonddiceclay said:
hgh and slin are the 2 main things that have helped 80's and 90's bb'ers look the way they do

Very few of the BB's in the 80's could afford a sufficient dose of GH to make much of a differerence in their physique except for a few weeks precontest.Also almost NO 1980's BB's were using insulin-that didnt come until the early 1990s and around 1994 or so is when it started to catch on.
In the early 80's guys still thought that there was some precision to anabolics like compound A + compound B in the right amounts would have a synergistic effect,ect.
The they woke up and discovered megadosing.

manny78 said:
Guys like Arnold or Nubret had incredible genetics. They were using stuff like dbols, primo, test and I guess deca.

The genetics was definately the biggest part--the drug doseages were moderate- a joke by todays standards.

SkullFuct said:
The genetics was definately the biggest part--the drug doseages were moderate- a joke by todays standards.

I red that oliva and nubret were taking Dbol as candies though.

Top Bottom