Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7 Weeks to a Shredded ME!...

Saw a comment about cardio in the morning... why would cardio in the morning have any effect on losing muscle mass, yes it raises metab for the rest of the day but if your body is well funded with protein why would you lose muscle mass?

I actually talked to this dude at my gym that is probably in his mid 50s and is a ripped fucking beast.
he's probably about 6'2" 240 lbs 7 or 8 % bf...
I need to ask him someday if he used to compete or not, but this guy is a fricken goldmine of information when it comes to lifting.

Anyways I was working in with him at the squat rack and asked him if he had any recommendations on how can I work my inner pec better and told him what wasn't working
he has this great cable exercise he showed me that I am gonna try tomorrow (chest day), but when he showed it to me I could really tell that would hit the inner pec perfectly.

basically like a crossover, but 1arm and standing at and angle from the machine facing away from it at about a 45-60 degree angle. Have the cable pulley set at about chest height and then crossover like a regular fly :)
Fairly simple, but something I never thought of doing. Yeah I've done cable flys other ways but usually with both sides at once which actually can decrease your ROM.

Plus if you take your free hand and touch your pec and feel what is working, you can adjust your motion so that you make sure you are flexing your pec rather than your shoulder, tricep, back, or whatever else you might use to do the pull. He also recommended using a ball for support on a smith machine with a relatively low amount of weight and adjusting my grip until I feel it working where I want it to work.

I think my biggest problem with my inner pecs is genetics. Not so much that I'm not genetically gifted there, but that my arms are so long that a full ROM with a regular bench must use more arm than chest. I have about a 77" reach.

Ooooooooo... that sounds very good! But at my yoga mom gym the cable machine only has 2 options... high or low :(

Hmmm... maybe i'll do single arm pec deck, the pec deck that is at the gym is very adjustable!

I think that is key.... that is why cable crossovers didn't help me much cause I was setting them up higher than chest level...

do 1 arm at a time and stick it at chest level making sure you use the other hand to touch your pec and make sure it's working the right spot and you should have a recipe for success, you could always just find a machine with a cable system that lets you get it around chest level :)

Flys are ok, but you can't get the angle he was showing me with them on the pec deck

On the start to finish squeeze are you simply pulling on a consistant level plane? Or did he show you to angle it up or down ...?

lol...people are going to kill me after I completely tweak out the pec deck for my own purposes.

Top Bottom