Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7-10 days off every 8 weeks???

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
My situation falls into a "you gotta do what you gotta do" type thing but I wanted to get some thoughts on benefits, hinderances of BB'ing.

Basically I have had 6 prolotherapy treatments since last year. Now im back full force in the gym after a 17 month rotator issue. (infraspinnatus/superspinnatus tendonosis bilaterally)
Im getting some burning in my rear delts already again so I'm getting another treatment in two weeks.
Basically this is likely going to be an every 8 week deal while I train heavy. Unless the GHRP-2 really does me some good in another month or two (3 weeks in).
So about every 8 weeks I will get a treatment and have to take 7-10 days off. Basically until the treated tendons arent sore to the touch anymore.
On the bright side everything gets to rest. Almost like a de-loading phase of sorts.
I will eat a ton (but clean) in the off time and do light squats every day after the first 48 hrs post treatment. I say light I mean like 135 and 225 and high reps.(torn ACL cant go real heavy squatting) Just something to tax the whole body even a little during down time.

If you read up on HST the author suggest to take, what he calls strategic deconditioning, a phase where you stop all lifting and re sensitize the body to the training stimulus. Makes sense. But tbh I really love training so I've never taken more than 3 days off in about 3 years...

I have tried HST. Didnt care for it. Plus doing it in the 50 or so minutes recommended is impossible.

Steve, yeah basically its just giving a minimum of 7 days for the treatment to work. I have to pay cash for the treatments so I dont wanna nullify them ya know.
Basically im sore as hell for 24 hrs and cant do much at all. Then at 48 hrs take 50% of that away. Then by day 3 I usially have pain free range of motion. But when you dig around the areas are still quite sore to the touch. So just be waiting for that to subside.
I will be blasting and cruising for the rest of this year likely so the recovery from the week off should be quick.
I threw in deca at 125mg wk just to help a little and its helping my elbow tendons(back side tri) but isnt doing shit for my rotators.
Ahh well.
Hopefully the GHRP-2 will have some benefits too.

when i moved i had to take about 2 weeks off to pack/drive/unpack and transition to a new gym.. i came back and my lifts were down slightly and had lost some weight.. granted the timing was bad cause I was bridging and i realy wasn't eating as well as i could dealing with all that moving stress.

but i would say after a month in the gym i was back to where i was before and now I am setting new PR's so i say go for it.

a good rule of thumb i've learned from vets is that it takes twice as long to come back to where you were before.. so if you take a month off.. it will take 2 months to come back to where you were before and so on. its an approximation but i think its pretty spot on from my experience. looking at your avi you are at a level where any time off or stress and you can expect losses fast cause you are so built and carrying so much muscle, the body will shed it away as quick as possible. its a constant war trying to keep it on.

when i moved i had to take about 2 weeks off to pack/drive/unpack and transition to a new gym.. i came back and my lifts were down slightly and had lost some weight.. granted the timing was bad cause I was bridging and i realy wasn't eating as well as i could dealing with all that moving stress.

but i would say after a month in the gym i was back to where i was before and now I am setting new PR's so i say go for it.

a good rule of thumb i've learned from vets is that it takes twice as long to come back to where you were before.. so if you take a month off.. it will take 2 months to come back to where you were before and so on. its an approximation but i think its pretty spot on from my experience. looking at your avi you are at a level where any time off or stress and you can expect losses fast cause you are so built and carrying so much muscle
, the body will shed it away as quick as possible. its a constant war trying to keep it on.

:) my avi is from like Jan 2010.

I was 270 in that pic probably around 17% ish maybe .

I'm 2/3 that size now muscle wise ..... but 225 now(and I'm only about 6 weeks back into things). I think with 7 days off ill be back in 2 workouts per bodypart. Strength wise it might take 2 weeks but when I hit everything after a week off it'll be a big volume session with lots of reps so ill "swell" back up to a larger muscle volume within a few days. I dunno if swell is the right word but with a bunch of test circulating you get what i mean. I'll immediatley get fuller as soon as I touch iron again even if strength takes a bit.
Which is good so I don't have to look in the mirror and go hi pussy...lol

Last edited:
This fucking SUCKS!!!! My treatment got moved up due to cancellation. It was last monday(6 days ago) which is good that i got it but bad because this is day 6 that I havnt been able to lift.
Im still eating as before but I feel like the incredible shrinking man.
I killed the shit out of it in the gym push/pull sat and sun before my monday doc apt. and through wednesday night i could feel growth even without training. Skin tightening, ect... but now its subsiding slowly. I have a feeling its going to take all of 10 days for this soreness to go away:mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom