Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5...what to do when you start stagnating

piehole

what should i do when hte weights start stagnating on 5x5

i was thinking about switching to a standard 3x10 rep scheme for a few weeks then going back to 5x5

any suggestions?

no worries then..you may just have to get used to working in the lower rep ranges..dont worry bout when u dont make all 5 sets when you plateau on 5x5 bump the weight up say 5 lbs but only do 3x5 keep doing that each week until you plateau there then go to 5x3 while you keep bumping up the weight when you fail at 5x3 go back to your original sticking point on 5x5 and try to get all all 5's..

just doing something different will ork as well..i did this recently with front squats i jsut did something different each week 10 rep sets 3 rep sets but i tried to increase the weight all the time..i went back after 4 weeks and got all 5x5 on front squats no probelms

i've yet to see this question asked, but what do you do when you stagnate on the 2x8-10? i've been stuck with the 45 lb dumbells on the overhead dumbell press for a few weeks.. all other lifts are doing great, pr in every lift every time i go

Deathbydefault said:
i've yet to see this question asked, but what do you do when you stagnate on the 2x8-10? i've been stuck with the 45 lb dumbells on the overhead dumbell press for a few weeks.. all other lifts are doing great, pr in every lift every time i go
thats a good question,,it would be great if every one of our lifts went up every week but we know at some point this just isnt going to happen.. as long as your increasing on your 5x5 you will be fine..what i would do if your stalled on the accessory exercise is try a different move..give me your delt routine and ill tweak it for you

Deads 5x5
Shrugs - 2x8-10
Rows - 2x10
overhead db press-2x8-10
lat-pulldown 2x8-10

thats pretty much my whole back/shoulder routine , i've put some decent size on with this

Deathbydefault said:
Deads 5x5
Shrugs - 2x8-10
Rows - 2x10
overhead db press-2x8-10
lat-pulldown 2x8-10

thats pretty much my whole back/shoulder routine , i've put some decent size on with this
so youre not doing 5x5 for delts?i would try to work your delts first then hit your back..i know for me dead day is murder its hard for me to work another group i also do more volume for my back and some xtra moves to help my pull..here what i would do try some BB front presses do 3x5..use te same weight for all sets then add 5 lbs each week..do that for 4 weeks then go back to where your sticking point is with the dbells and ill bet you can use heavier bells

Other guys mentioned lowering reps or number of sets... that can work

If you hit a point though where for the life of you you just can't lift more, take 9 days off and restart the program at a higher weight than you originally did

Should restart growth and allow you to overshoot your previous plateau.

casualbb said:
Other guys mentioned lowering reps or number of sets... that can work

If you hit a point though where for the life of you you just can't lift more, take 9 days off and restart the program at a higher weight than you originally did

Should restart growth and allow you to overshoot your previous plateau.
has this worked for you? i tried time off from deads and when i went back i was weaker..as much as i like wsb i need to include full pulls otherwise my positioning and groove is completely off..squats however it doesnt seem to be much of a difference..through trial and error i have found that i am on the side of those that do deads to train your dead rather than the other camp where they pull only to test progress..

Top Bottom