Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 question

The program calls for conventional deadlifts, which are generally narrow to hip width depending on the individual.

Just keep in mind that the narrower your stance and grip, the less distance the bar has to move (unless you're pulling sumo which is a different lift).

You can youtube deadlifting mechanics and pull up some Dave Tate and Mark Rippetoe vids, or better yet get the book Basic Barbell Training by Mark Rippetoe so you have a good form reference.

The program calls for conventional deadlifts, which are generally narrow to hip width depending on the individual.

Just keep in mind that the narrower your stance and grip, the less distance the bar has to move (unless you're pulling sumo which is a different lift).

You can youtube deadlifting mechanics and pull up some Dave Tate and Mark Rippetoe vids, or better yet get the book Basic Barbell Training by Mark Rippetoe so you have a good form reference.

dont you mean the narrower your grip and the wider your stance is, the less distance the bar has to travel? Seems to me a narrow stance = higher finishing position = longer distance from floor, no?

I guess it depends on how you look at it.

A wide stance and narrow grip is a sumo deadlift, and that isn't what the program calls for.

Therefore, I was thinking that a narrower stance allows for a narrower grip, which means a shorter pull.

In any case, do what's comfortable for your own body mechanics, though I wouldn't recommend starting to pull sumo initially.

Is it 5 reps for 5 sets for each exercise?

Yes, except deadlift. Only one set of five for that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat is the stepping stone to victory.

Hey, lovin the 5x5!!! Question bent over rows or vertical rows???

Bent over. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat is the stepping stone to victory.

Top Bottom