Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 Diet Help

WannaBeBig72

Hey guys/gals, If I should be posting in the diet forum I apologize...I'm 34 years old 5'9.5 184 about 14-16% BF I'd estimate.. I've been training seriouslly for about 2-3 years. My current 5 rep maxes are.

Squat 225x5
Bench 205x5
Dead 240x5
Row 165x5
Military 150x5

I've made some good progress the last couple of years defenitely, but have stalled of late and know my diet is probably shit and that's the problem.

7:45AM
1 ScoopOptimumWhey
10 oz Skim Mile
1 Slice Wheat Bread
1 HardBoiled Egg (XL)

10:30AM
3 HardBoiled Eggs
2 Slices Wheat Bread

12-1 Workout
PWShake 1Scoop Optimum Whey. 1 Scoop Dextrose Corn Sugar

1:30
1 Can Tuna Fish
2 Slices Wheat Bread

4:15
1 Can Tuna Fish
2 Slices Wheat Bread

7:15
Usually a pretty big meal (pretty much varies).
Lots of Proteins/Fat/Carbs

10:30
10 Ounces Skim Milk
1 Scoop of Casein Protein

Probably finish around 2500 Calories a day I'd guess.

Thanks all for any input you can give...

2500 calories at 185? That's very low. When was the last time your scale went up a pound or so? If the answer is, "6 months ago," then that's the problem. Eat more.

Thats a great diet for an underwear model....but it is horrendous for anybody looking to be big and strong.

Just up the cals and slap on some bodyweight and see if that fixes the problem. Add more red meat, more salmon, more milk, more potatoes and rice, eat whole eggs, and if you don't gain bodyfat at an alarming rate, eat pizza, Chinese, and Mexican.

Your lifts are respectable.....there comes a time to put it all into perspective. What is your idea od "really strong"? Do you want to be "really strong"? and....barring true genetic freaks (don't somebody say Pyros Dimas or some freak), how many guys do you know over 5' 6" or so that are "really strong" at 184lbs??

BiggT said:
Thats a great diet for an underwear model....but it is horrendous for anybody looking to be big and strong.

Just up the cals and slap on some bodyweight and see if that fixes the problem. Add more red meat, more salmon, more milk, more potatoes and rice, eat whole eggs, and if you don't gain bodyfat at an alarming rate, eat pizza, Chinese, and Mexican.

Your lifts are respectable.....there comes a time to put it all into perspective. What is your idea od "really strong"? Do you want to be "really strong"? and....barring true genetic freaks (don't somebody say Pyros Dimas or some freak), how many guys do you know over 5' 6" or so that are "really strong" at 184lbs??

Thanks BiggT for the info. I defenitely don't want to be an underwear model and at my age (34) I'm obviouslly not looking to be Mr.Olympia or anything. I'm just paranoid about getting fat I think is the problem. I'll bump the calories up to 3000. You think that's enough?

I mean I've come along ways body wise. I was real skinny up top and pretty fat about 3-4 years ago. I'd love to put on an additional 10-15 pounds of muscle and a comparable amount of strength and then get down to around 12-15%BF eventually (maybe eventually loose like 6-8 pounds of fat). Those are my goals I'd guess. I have a small frame and putting on muscle is tough for me (I have a 32 inch waist) and still have a decent around of fat on my gut (I seem to keep all my fat in my stomach area). If I ever got to 10%BF I'd probably have a 29-30 inch waist.

Thanks again for your input man!

you take creatine or glutamine or anything else?

pitbullrocco said:
you take creatine or glutamine or anything else?

I think glutamine is in the Optimum Whey. I don't take creatine, I took it once and had trouble digesting it. Maybe some DBol would help me out. :chomp:

Honestly, dont worry about getting fat. I was worried abotu that too but im up to 195 from 187 in 5 weeks. ya im heavier but noone would say im fat but i do get the, damn ur getting alot bigger thing often..... and weekly from the same people. Just eatttttttttt.

Top Bottom