Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5-HTP is No Joke!

Lumberg

I just started taking it and man has my outlook changed! I feel myself looking at people on the street and seeing the good in them rather than trying to ignore them and get on with my life. I occasionally get this sense that is both exhilaration and peacefulness combined when I realize this truly is the time of my life. I laugh, talk, and can enjoy myself a lot more.

This stuff really works.

It's like watered-down ecstacy when you take 50 mgs and drink a cup of coffee.

JC

Does it help ypu get asleep ?

BTW 5-HTP is pricey :mad:

It kinda does help me sleep a little bit. But it actually helps me not mind as much when I DON'T get enough sleep, if that makes any sense.

I bought it at Giant but you can get it pretty cheap online.

I have taken doses of 50-100 mg sporadically. It's the kind of thing that has an effect for the next few hours. Not like other antidepressants that have a longer onset and duration. You can literally time it, like, I will take this now and starting in one hour I will be in a good mood for about three hours, like that. Pretty cool for when you know you will be around people or need a pick-me up or whatever.

I forgot to mention it also severly curbs my appetite. I have lost weight even though I don't mean to. Tough to do in the 5-day span around Xmas!!!! I am actually not eating enough!

JC

If you can find L-Tryptophan it is even more efficient

best to be taken on a completely empty stomach....if you take over 50-100mgs at a time it will make you tired...50mg's a couple of times a day seems to work good for most people...it will help you sleep also, but be prepared for some crazy ass dreams...

5-htp only made me want to sleep, all the time. I was taking 100mg/day with 8g inositol/day. It was horrible, I could fall asleep anywhere doing anything. My girl was starting to get pissed off because when we went to bed, I went to sleep and didn't want to do anything but that. I dropped it to 50mg/day but it didn't help. It was pretty damn annoying.

I suppose I'm one of the unlucky ones:(

Top Bottom