Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

40something Looking for Advice

Dosia

Hello Ladies,
Looking for some advice. I've been lurking around here for a while now, but never posted in fear I may sound stupid. :qt: OK here it goes. I'm 43 and have been working my butt off in the gym for over 6 years lifting heavy 5 days a week. All natural. Never had a personal trainer. All self taught. I love muscles and I've got great results, loving it, but... now when I decided I'd like to add even more muscle to my frame, it's not happening! I'm stuck. No matter what I do it's just not happening. I've changed my routine, diet, you name it. Is it my age? What about if I tried Anavar or something similar? Would that push me into an early menopause??? Did any of you ladies tried AAS in your forties? Please help with some guidance.

Hi :). I just came out of lurkerdom as well. I have not a lot of experience but I've read a ton. Are you eating over maintenance and have you increased your protein intake? And all the changes you made, did you give them time to work? No experience with Anavar (except my husband keeps trying to convince me "you'll get shredded". No thanks, I will gain more weight lol. Maybe when I'm closer to goal). Anyways I keep reading that it is great for making gains and that it is easier to hold onto post cycle. Hopefully someone with experience will be able to help.

Welcome dosia :)

I'm in my 40s and it's so hard to say as hormones are such an individual thing. It shouldn't push you into early menopause but it should change your body composition which can change your hormone levels. I also find the "crash" coming off a cycle is harder. It takes my body longer to even out and I feel depressed almost. You would probably be ok with a low dose var cycle and I'd just pay attention to how you feel during and after.

Hi :). I just came out of lurkerdom as well. I have not a lot of experience but I've read a ton. Are you eating over maintenance and have you increased your protein intake? And all the changes you made, did you give them time to work? No experience with Anavar (except my husband keeps trying to convince me "you'll get shredded". No thanks, I will gain more weight lol. Maybe when I'm closer to goal). Anyways I keep reading that it is great for making gains and that it is easier to hold onto post cycle. Hopefully someone with experience will be able to help.

A quick comment on hubby's thoughts... Men use var to get shredded and more of a cutter. It's different for women. While we can lose body fat, we will still gain muscle or should be anyway otherwise it defeats the purpose. It's a common myth that we, as women, should take aas for fat loss and cutting. Some women take it in contest prep more for muscle preservation while their calorie deficits are so low but generally speaking, it's for gaining muscle.

Thanks so much Caligirl and Dusthappy for your feedback! Ok, now I'm convinced it's worth a try... To answer your question Dusthappy, yes, I have tried changing my diet, patiently waited for results, but nothing happened. If I increase my protein intake too much, I become very dehydrated no matter how much water I drink. No increase in muscle size at all though. I even stopped doing any cardio and nothing, I'm still skinny. Very frustrating. Should I try weight gain supplements as well? And which ones are not a waste of money? I do already use BCAAs, Glutamine, Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Taurine, Carnitine (3000 mg) and such on regular basis. They are sooo expensive though and if I go off them, don't see any difference either. Go figure.
Thanks guys again for your feedback!

Last edited:
Dosia, I would gladly switch places with you lol. I am an easy gainer in the muscle department. Always have been. I am in the hard to lose category. I hear you on supplements. Not only are they expensive, I find it difficult to take them on a daily basis.

Top Bottom