Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3 weeks left .. should look for a 1 rm?

Parabellum

Bench Press:

I'm not sure of my 1 rep max, should I try today to see what my new 1 rm is?

Previous was 390.
3 days ago I did 385 x 2.

I'm doign the raw bench press comp on Nov 22nd.

seems like you can figure out where your max is based on the 385 x 2. Just curious, are you doing static holds or anything? They REALLY helped me out last bench meet. Simply HOLDING 120 - 140% of your max sure makes those training weights FEEL light

352230.56683.jpg

I don't think I would. But I'd be interested in seeing what Mule and Bigwhitey and Liftbig and those guys say.

I wouldn't do a 1-RM this close to the meet. I'd prefer to choose an opening attempt and start nailing it down. Save the big numbers for the meet. I really don't care what I do in the gym if I can't exceed that in the meet.

I recall reading in an MM article somewhere that those guys will go up to first, and maybe even second attempts at even ONE week out from the meet.

For what its worth, I say work up a bit to get a feel where your at. Dont risjk an injury, but with 3weeks left that should give you time to recover good, as well as address any last minute weak points or problems you might find.

if you do, do it now, and dont do it again till the meet. 2 weeks out is then i start to wind down alot, then 1 week out (the week before the meet) i dont really do much of anything, just stuff to get blood into the muscle.

PR's!!!!
raw bench press
405 and 415 fell today.

I had another 5-10lbs in the tank but I thought I should save it for NOv 22nd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom