Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

20 reps on Bench?

wildonsquats

Ive been doing these for squat, and leg press after a heavy work set and ive noticed great gains.

Could these gains transfer over into deadlifts and bench press? or are these relatively smaller muscles than those in the legs?

Perhaps not 20 reps but in the 15 range instead?

Any ideas?

Hey Wild! Seems like a good idea to me. Id reccomend mixing it up though. For a while I was repping 225 and got to 24 reps, did it every chest workout, but I also did low rep sets and mid rep sets. I got good results strength wise, but not too much size. I think the main thing is to mix it up.

Well doing 15 reps at 225 almost killed me last night, not sure if my grip can handle much more than that. Actually the grip was fine, but my palms got torn to shreds.. (during the set i was actually thinking of using straps for a 20 rep set). But my back felt great so ill keep doing it, i just hope my back can recover in time for my next workout now.

wildonsquats said:
Ive been doing these for squat, and leg press after a heavy work set and ive noticed great gains.

Could these gains transfer over into deadlifts and bench press? or are these relatively smaller muscles than those in the legs?

Any ideas?

that's not a bad idea. train your bench like your squat!!! that's awesome brotha. give it a go. its all part of training which is experimenting!! tb

You can and should take small breaks in 20rep squats at the end this allows you to continue beyond your capability (If you go really heavy), when u do that while benching you fatigue your triceps and reduce your pressing ability. So a real 20rep bench wouldn't really be possible..

I'm tired, did I express my point correctly?
good night

yea, well my 20 rep squats are breathing squats really, 10 real hard reps and then one rep every 2 or 3 breaths.

I dont really think i can just hold the bar up during a bench press and breath, and continue pressing but it was just an idea.

wildonsquats said:

Any ideas?

are you following DC's routine?....... cause thats what he says to do for legs. one set of 4-8 reps, then 1 set of 20 reps.

well, in regards to your question......... i did that for everybody with very good gains. i would pick an exercise and do 4-8 reps, then 20 reps for every bodypart.

it works great, but beware of overtraiing.

X

Best way to include 20's in a workout???

What would be the best way to include 20's in a workout. Are u doing just one exercise per body part with 4-8 reps and the a set of 20's...or say if on leg day i do Squat 3x 8-10, lunges 3x8-10, etc..etc.. would I keep my same regime and on squats do 1x4-8,1x20 for 3 sets and then continue with my normal leg routine?

Top Bottom