Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1st Cycle - Legit Srcd Var- Atrophy Concerns - PCT and etc

STLLightWeight

Newb -1st Cycle of Rx Var- Atrophy Concerns & PCT/PCWorkout question

Hi all. I'm 7 weeks into my 1st ever AAS cycle. I'll post some background info and then my problems. Hopefully I can get some good advice/guidance on my problems and how to rectify it.

Background: I'm almost 30yrs old, my normal stats are 5'11 and about 150 to 155lbs. For some reason late last yr I lost ~20lbs. I went from ~150 to around 131lbs. I went to my doctor, we ran a bunch of tests and in short, nothing was wrong. We concluded that it was probably just from skipping meals due to stress and an incredibly crazy work/life schedule.

What sucked about that weight loss is that it took me 7yrs to go from 130ish (post high school weight) to a decent looking 150ish. I am missing a few feet of intestines from a surgery when I was little so I am literally one of those people who can "eat and eat and eat some more" and not gain anything. I basically lack the capacity to absorb all of the nutrients of what I eat so I am "naturally" just a thin guy. Losing that weight sucked!

So my dr and I talked about ways to get the weight back up. Initially we had discussed Megace as basically an appetite inducer but after researching that it sounded like *if* I gained weight from that anyway it would be fat. In researching that I came across several studies where AAS(Specifically anavar) was used in various cases to get weight back (post injury, certain diseases, etc). I tt the dr. about it and we decided we'd go with the anavar for a couple mos. So my acquisition and source of the var is legit. I have an Rx for Var which was filled at a national megachain pharmacy. Btw with insurance, this stuff is cheaper than a 6 pack of beer(or soda). I read on another site's boards that the price on the underground mkt is what prohibits the regular ability to use this for "non-medically supervised ;)" reasons . After 4 weeks at 30mg a day I'd gained about 11lbs back :-D. I obviously also work out with weights at home too so it not only helps with strength but also with the weight gain aspect.

I'm 6 weeks in the cycle now and back to about 144lbs. The strength aspect is awesome, very noticeable. For example I added like 40lbs to my bench in like the first 3 weeks(significant for a person my size). I know some of you reading this are probably thinking "30mgs of var only is a waste, too low dose, etc" but when you only weigh 132-150 anyway, its enough to make a difference. Plus the risk v reward of higher doses just wasn't worth it to me. I could have asked for 60mg/day but most of the studies I had read about were done with 10-20mgs so 20/30 seemed reasonable and safe. It is nice though having ripped arms and torso now :) :) :).

Although I'm still at least 10lbs below where I'd like to be, the weight I've gained back looks great. I don't really count calories bc with the target nutrients I go for the calories will come, but I eat 6-8x/day. I consume 170-230 grams of protein/day. I try to make sure that no single meal (or meal item) derives more than 15-20% of it's calories from fat (with the exception of fish or other mono chained fats), no more than 10-20% sodium(exception for cottage cheese), and keep the sugar consumption in check. So all of the food I intake is healthy stuff that isn't loaded in salt or saturated fats(important since var elevates LDL anyway). We did a pre-cycle and a 5 week statin/liver panel and everything is looking good. Actually I practically stopped drinking soda in early january so glucose went from ~108 to 85 :) bonus.

The Problem:
Over the last couple weeks I have obvious atrophy (~50%). At first I thought I wasn't sure if was actually happening but now there is no question it's happening. I can go (and plan to) tt the Dr this week about it but would like to have some additional info to formulate questions about the next steps. I have a little knowledge about estrogen vs test levels, PCT, clomid, nolva, and HCG but this is not my area of expertise. If I just stop the var and take an over the counter PCT ("Revolution PCT is sold locally at a health store or there is some test booster at GNC) will "the boys" get back to their normal size? Is nolva or clomid better for getting the natural test production going again and getting my junk back to size? So far libido and etc aren't any different than from before the var but with my junk half the size it used to be, Id assume that once that is taken out of the picture that could change. I'm just looking to find out what is the best way to get my junk back to regular size while retaining the weight gains. Id like to keep the strength gains too but that's not why I started the AAS to begin with so it's not that important.

The other question is post cycle, what do I do workout wise? Right now I lift 3-4x/week. I have read conflicting things about post cycle workout stuff. Some say to keep it easy since workout == higher cortisol == higher rate of catabolism (highly want to avoid catabolism!). Others say to continue working out to your abilities. I know I obviously need to not only retain my existing food intake but also up it some to help prevent the breakdown of the muscle I have gained (12-14lbs in 6weeks).

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Also if anyone is interested in how the LDL/HDL/Triglicerides and AST/ALT changed after 5 weeks just ask. I have the numbers from the reports but just didn't feel like running downstairs to get it while I was typing this.

Don't stop the var!!! And the OTC pct is bullshit... Try and see if you can get some hcg from the dr and start running 500 iu's twice a week to get the natural test running again. You want the var to run at least 6-8 wks to get the full effect then pct. a pretty good pct plan for you could be..
Hcg 500 iu's 2 x a wk for 3 wks
Post cycle unleashed starting immediately after var is complete
Clomid 25mg Ed for 3 wks.

Top Bottom