Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1.5 Rep Pull ups

Will_I_am156

Was flicking through t-nation today and came across an article about how to improve my pull ups. It's called 'take your pull ups to the next level' - pretty awesome article.

One of it's suggestions is a one and a half rep pull up and they are f***ing brutal!! Basically you choose whatever grip you like and perform a pull up as normal but instead of completing a full negative you lower yourself half way back down before pulling yourself back up. Hold for a second and then lower. That is one rep. The article says begin with 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps.

I tried them this morning and my back is fried! I could only manage 3 sets of 5 but will definitely be keeping them in my routine until I can do the 4 sets of 8.

Has anyone else heard of these or tried them? Also, pull ups are going to be my primary back exercise for the next few weeks (torn hamstring rules out deads and rows) so if any one else has any other killer pull up routines I'd love to hear them :)

Was flicking through t-nation today and came across an article about how to improve my pull ups. It's called 'take your pull ups to the next level' - pretty awesome article.

One of it's suggestions is a one and a half rep pull up and they are f***ing brutal!! Basically you choose whatever grip you like and perform a pull up as normal but instead of completing a full negative you lower yourself half way back down before pulling yourself back up. Hold for a second and then lower. That is one rep. The article says begin with 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps.

I tried them this morning and my back is fried! I could only manage 3 sets of 5 but will definitely be keeping them in my routine until I can do the 4 sets of 8.

Has anyone else heard of these or tried them? Also, pull ups are going to be my primary back exercise for the next few weeks (torn hamstring rules out deads and rows) so if any one else has any other killer pull up routines I'd love to hear them :)

Nice dig bro! checked it

Top Bottom