Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Romney: "Outsourcing isn't the same as Offshoring"...

Even then, going offshore doesn't mean it's not an american company. "Offshore drilling". Now, I know that can refer to drilling literally off the shore in the water, but there are american companies drilling in foreign waters as well.

Ever heard of the term "ex-patriot"? I was offered to go work in China as ex-patriot status for an American company that has a huge effect on the consumer market here in the U.S.

Seriously, this is all so retarded. They just hope that ignorant people will listen to him without checking out the facts or really understanding what it is they are even taking about. Sadly, the average voter, dem, repub, etc. are stupid people that are swayed by ridiculous "accusations" like this,
Ah, the mistake in my logic is the frame of reference that I was using. Essentially, the main message is that companies are leaving the country. It's true that you can outsource to domestic companies, but lately, I've been primarily dealing with outsourced / offshore companies (ie my developers are in India). Given the recent numerous dealings, that's my frame of reference.

In the end, I think that the gist of the message is maintained and correct.

BTW, this thread is getting too serious. We need lewd pics of Shirls...or in a pinch...Dabuff.

Ah, the mistake in my logic is the frame of reference that I was using. Essentially, the main message is that companies are leaving the country. It's true that you can outsource to domestic companies, but lately, I've been primarily dealing with outsourced / offshore companies (ie my developers are in India).

In the end, I think that the gist of the message is maintained and correct.

My current company has been moving engineering units to China and India. Those damn asians can't do shit for work and make my job much harder.

Anything above MFG stuff, those guys have 0 ability to lead themselves through product development. That's why those bitches are always stealing Intellectual Property and reproducing it. Because they are to fking incapable of doing real work themselves. Fk the chinese. Seriously.

Even when I was in school full time, working as "Intern" status, I was the one fixing all their screw ups and then having to communicate with them on why their bullsiht doesn't fly with me or my managers and they need to do stuff right or GTFO.

Granted, our CEO of the last 4 years is a fking asian and he is the one moving our teams, oh excuse me, firing our perfectly capable teams, and hiring incapable dipshits for less than 1/2 the money and then the US teams have to pick up their inadequacies daily to keep our own jobs. All in the sake of stock prices. Screw my CEO, he's a dumbass.

Yeah i beleive the kind of "outsourcing" we're talking about here is when you take em to overseas companies that are using their native workforce, i think that's pretty self explanatory that nobody has a problem with outsourcing jobs to american companies hiring american workers.

And actually i have no issue with comapanies taking any of thier activities overseas, it's their right to do so as a private firm. What I object to is them being treated as "american" companies. Their goods and services should now be treated just like any good/service coming in from overseas...they're not american anymore just because they kept their corporate HQ here.

Only to someone who knows nothing what they are talking about.

In business we outsource every day and rarely are we talking about moving a job overseas. That is what Romney is trying to say.

My current company has been moving engineering units to China and India. Those damn asians can't do shit for work and make my job much harder.

Anything above MFG stuff, those guys have 0 ability to lead themselves through product development. That's why those bitches are always stealing Intellectual Property and reproducing it. Because they are to fking incapable of doing real work themselves. Fk the chinese. Seriously.

Even when I was in school full time, working as "Intern" status, I was the one fixing all their screw ups and then having to communicate with them on why their bullsiht doesn't fly with me or my managers and they need to do stuff right or GTFO.

Granted, our CEO of the last 4 years is a fking asian and he is the one moving our teams, oh excuse me, firing our perfectly capable teams, and hiring incapable dipshits for less than 1/2 the money and then the US teams have to pick up their inadequacies daily to keep our own jobs. All in the sake of stock prices. Screw my CEO, he's a dumbass.
I have the same issue (sort of).

People aren't good or bad per see, but there are things that they are good at vs not good at.

I've noted that the Far East teams (thus far) aren't good with self direction.

That's not to say that all Far East teams aren't good, but the ones that I've dealt with are horrible.

However, that was the decision from senior management, so they have to live with the results of their decisions.

On some level, it's more honest now. The company doesn't give a fuck about the worker and the worker returns the favor.

Only to someone who knows nothing what they are talking about.

In business we outsource every day and rarely are we talking about moving a job overseas. That is what Romney is trying to say.

the term "outsourcing" has been used repeatedly by politicians, economists and the media to define the taking of jobs overseas. If there's a technicality here i was missing so be it...but it sounds like Romney is trying to make a play on words in hopes this goes away because Bain was indeed involved in taking jobs overseas, whatever "the fuck" you want to call that i don't care..outsourcing/offshoring whatever. I mean he wasn't the only one doing this so i really couldn't give a shit because for the last 10-20 years it's been the thing to do. Just man up and own it is all I care about from these politicians at this point. Like I would love for Obama to just man up and own he gave a nice tech subsidy to solyndra cause one of his major campaign contributors told him to....is that gonna happen anytime soon? lulz

the term "outsourcing" has been used repeatedly by politicians, economists and the media to define the taking of jobs overseas. If there's a technicality here i was missing so be it...but it sounds like Romney is trying to make a play on words in hopes this goes away because Bain was indeed involved in taking jobs overseas, whatever "the fuck" you want to call that i don't care..outsourcing/offshoring whatever. I mean he wasn't the only one doing this so i really couldn't give a shit because for the last 10-20 years it's been the thing to do. Just man up and own it is all I care about from these politicians at this point. Like I would love for Obama to just man up and own he gave a nice tech subsidy to solyndra cause one of his major campaign contributors told him to....is that gonna happen anytime soon? lulz

Agree.. man up.....

Somehow along the way in history, pandering became the norm. Vice straighter talk.

The alternative energy Tech initiative started in 2005. Fyi.

DrOiD BioNiC EF App!

Bain apparently was not involved in shipping jobs overseas from the article i posted u dum ngr

Top Bottom