Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginner looking for an awesome bulking routine.

jontorres

Hey guys, I'm a total beginner, starting at the gym either this week or next, and would like your help on setting up a routine.

1st thing I've done is got in contact with 3J's Nutrition Network who is setting me up with a diet for bulking.

I want a routine for bulking, primarily focus on arms, shoulders, lats, traps, chest, abs, and of course legs, but only because I hear working out legs has its benefit as well, but not because I want to build them up, not now at least, my main focus is upper body.

A little about me, im 34, 5'11", about 175lbs, haven't lifted since I was like 20, so I will be probably lifting some sissy weight at 1st...but nonetheless, I want a routine that will work with my diet for bulking.

My schedule will be every other day, 3 days a week for starters. Let me know what a good routine for bulking would be, what I should do for warming up, what I should do on my days off, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Here is the diet I have been setup with, if anyone can fix me up with a routine that would be great...my goal is to start no later than this coming Monday.

3300 calorie target

300g protein
350g carbs
77g fats

Meal 1
2 large eggs
6 egg whites
2 slices turkey bacon
(choose green fiber filled veggies like bell pepper, spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes and make omlette with bacon in it)
½ tablespoon olive oil for cooking
1 cup rolled oats (weighed dry, you can use a little bit of honey, splenda, cinnamon, or cook with almond milk)

Meal 2
6oz chicken breast (weighed cooked no skin)
10oz yams (or sweet potato)
1 cup veggies (no carrots or peas.. fiberous veggies like bell peppers, cucumbers, spinach, asparagus.. etc..)

Meal 3 (post workout)
60g whey shake
1 whole white bagel

Meal 4
8oz tilapia (weighed raw) (can also be substituted with 6oz of ground turkey)
10oz sweet potato or yam

Meal 5
4 oz chicken breast
1 1/2 cup red kidney beans (low sodium please if your gonna do the canned ones)
Take 2 cups veggies and make a salad out of this…

Meal 6
8oz round steak (aka London broil) (I understand this can be costly.. we can work around it with casein shakes and cottage cheese if that’s the case.. )
1/2 tablespoon olive oil for cooking
½ avocado

If the steak is too costly..
30g casein shake
1 cup 1-2% fat cottage cheese
1 whole avocado…

All foods can be seasoned as you wish with spices.. I recommend mrs dash but it can get expensive so choose something that works for your budget... look into salsa picante and the such…no dressing unless its vinaigrette on the salad

You should look into the bill starr's 5x5. It has all the main compound lifts, which are great for bulking. With that diet, you could make some really nice gains.

You should look into the bill starr's 5x5. It has all the main compound lifts, which are great for bulking. With that diet, you could make some really nice gains.

I am going to look into it right away. I forgot to mention, on my original post, I "was" planning on starting off with an every other day schedule 3x a week, so like M-W-F and work up from there...but i'll look into the one you suggested....you think the diet looks right?

I think one of the best workouts for someone just starting is to divide your workout into an A workout and a B workout. Week one you would do A/B/A (M/W/F) and then week 2 B/A/B. This has you doing each workout three times every two weeks. You can divide your workout into upper body or lower body or push/pull. This is easy to keep track, easy to do, yet intense enough to help you start growing.

Rebecca D

I think one of the best workouts for someone just starting is to divide your workout into an A workout and a B workout. Week one you would do A/B/A (M/W/F) and then week 2 B/A/B. This has you doing each workout three times every two weeks. You can divide your workout into upper body or lower body or push/pull. This is easy to keep track, easy to do, yet intense enough to help you start growing.

Rebecca D

Interesting idea, so this is a 3 day a week every other day type schedule yeah?

I start Monday, could someone help me out with what would be a good beginner routine for "bulking", 3 days a week, with main focus on arms (triceps and bi's), shoulders, lats, chest in that order...and I'll throw in legs, but I need to be careful there, 2 previous athroscopy surgeries (meniscus tear) and its never healed properly so scares me once in a while, can be excruciating pain.

I'mlooking to start bulking, then cut...but I want to be ready to start Monday.

Thanks,

Jon

I like what Rebecca said, except I would look to do a push b pull and c lower body. Stick to reps between 6 and 12 IMO to gain both strength and size. Anything below 6 reps at this stage IMO wouldn't be as beneficial as then you are looking more at strength rather than muscle size. When I started I used a pyramid of 6,6.8,8,10, and found that to work out best. Also make sure you stick mainly to your compound moves, such as dumbbell press, military press, squat, chin up, deadlift etc. I say dumbbell as I believe they are superior to the bench press in building size and overall contraction.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

I like what Rebecca said, except I would look to do a push b pull and c lower body. Stick to reps between 6 and 12 IMO to gain both strength and size. Anything below 6 reps at this stage IMO wouldn't be as beneficial as then you are looking more at strength rather than muscle size. When I started I used a pyramid of 6,6.8,8,10, and found that to work out best. Also make sure you stick mainly to your compound moves, such as dumbbell press, military press, squat, chin up, deadlift etc. I say dumbbell as I believe they are superior to the bench press in building size and overall contraction.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Great, thanks.

As for the particular exercises for these body parts, that is what I was hoping someone could fix me up with for each workout day, as I dont know which particular exercises might be best for my goal.

Top Bottom