Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vitamixer Protein and Carb Smoothie Recipe

chicagobuffedbod

Hey, not sure if any of you have tried the Vitamixer but I was at Costco and they have demos there on some great products. The Vitamixer was one of them and I was seduced into buying it.
I have to say I love it. It acts as a cuisanart, liquifier, it even cooks and can make nut butters.

Here's a recipe I make that I have in the morning and when I'm on the go and need some nutrition fast.

2 cups of Crystal Lite (fruit punch flavor)
2 Red Delicious apples (cut into chunks)
2 cups of oatmeal
2 scoops of vanilla flavored protein powder (choose what you like, I use the Sportspharma brand sold at Costco)
1 small chunk of fresh ginger.

This recipe was developed by me for 2 reasons. I have problems with not getting enough fiber. And also I wanted to get in about 120+ g of quality carbs and about 45g of protein.
2 cups of oatmeal and 2 apples yields over 17g of fiber. I think more if not mistaken but I'll have to recheck.
Total fat is nonimal and comes from the protein powder and oatmeal which is about 6g.
Crystal Lite Fruit Punch flavor makes it all palatable and the ginger gives it a great kick and is very nutritious for you. Also helps to assimilate protein better in the gut.
As you mix the ingredients just slowly add water if it stops mixing due to thickness of liquid.
I actually used to do this without the oatmeal and didn't care for it that much. It was lumpy and just hard to swallow. But since I've added the oatmeal the consistency is a lot creamier. Just like a rich fattening shake if you ask me. But it's not.
They say regular blenders can't create the same consistency compared to the Vitamixer but I say give it a try to those who are interested. From the time I start making this to the time I'm done drinking it only 6 minutes have passed. This beats having to cook the oatmeal. And I can down it so much quicker in liquid form.

Top Bottom