Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shrimp- Quality?

Snapper, talapia, mahi-mahi, wild caught salmon.. Most fisheries claim for example north atlantic fresh this or that fact is its farmed..fed grain, fillers, and chicken feathers mixed with chicken shit this is the facts..unless it says wild caught your getting shit.. less proteins, fatter meat, and harder to absorb the nutrients your eating it for .. my opinion spend a few more dollars and go with wild caught!!!
Peace, Forged

it has me wondering now. i keep seing mixed answers all over the net. oh well. im not messing with it because of the colesterol. the guy that asked me about it doesnt worry about that kind of stuff he just wants quality protein. i think the cholesterol degrades the quality of everything you eat.

Shrimp - Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Crustaceans, shrimp, mixed species, raw

Beef - Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Beef, bottom sirloin, tri-tip, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, all grades, raw

Egg - Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Egg, whole, raw, fresh

Looks like shrimp fall inbetween Egg and Beef. Egg having a more complete Amino profile, followed by Shrimp, then Beef. You can expand the "Protein and Amino Acids" section to see what each is comprised of. You might be able to play around in the "Beef" search to find a better one, but it seemed about average.

^^Great reply!! Again the thing to look for though is the production method.. These facts are based on wild species not farm raised when you let the human decide what to feed then all this goes out the window.. My neighbor, well the closest person to me raises cat fish and trout my daughter fish his pond he has 30 but only lets them fish from the one. I asked him why one day and he said he wouldn't even eat the fish from the others cause of what he feeds them. Thats like steroid chicken and beef hate to say it but its nutritional value sucks compared to grazed beef or chicken with no growth supps. There's alot of info on co-op.com and the us fisheries web site.
Peace, Forged

Talapia is used to clean sewage...
Sory off topic and I hope they don't farm those fish but jus the thought of it makes me buy other types of fish

Thats a good question joe.
I eat alot of shrimp and scallops but ive got no idea what its amino acid profile looks like.
Thats the bare bones comparison your talking about, correct?
also all shell fish is high in sulfates, which i believe can alter the ph of your blood and i know eating a lb at a time is a terrible move for my GI.

Top Bottom