Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need advice/help with diet

Carwes

So I finally decided to actually get in shape, after realizing I really don't like like how I look.

I've tried reading up on what I need to eat and such, but I got one BIG problem.
I can't stand a lot of the food suggested, like tuna, veggies( yes I know, it's sad...)

I'm way too fond of unhealthy food, but I'm trying to change it, so I really need some advice here.

Is there any kind of diet that will supply me with sufficient amount of nutrients and etc. without having to go all out healthy, is there some middle ground?

I already got some excessive fat on me, but is there a diet that I can use that at least is a little bit healthy?

I don't really know how else I would put this.

Any help is appreciated!

How do you like chicken? Very healthy low fat most people can eat tune out of the can like me :D but a lot of people will put it in a salad and can hardly taste it, why don't you list the vegetables that you don't like that way we can suggest ones u may like or ones u may not know about

Chicken I got no problem at all with, as for the veggies, it's pretty much been everything I've come across 'til now so it would probably be easier to name some "tolerable" ones, like lettuce, carots, onions.

Well cook a lot of chicken then throw some carrots in there broccoli? If you like it get creative eat egg whites and stay away from carbs at night

All these are pretty low in fat bro. You got spend a little extra sometimes but you can find lean versions of just about anything.
Ground lean Turkey
Chicken sliced fajita style or full fillets.
Really really lean ground beef
Fish and shellfish
Lean sandwich meat (turkey, roastbeef, Ham)

Rest is primarily veggies.
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Carrots
Red/green peppers
Corn
Squash
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Etc etc etc

I buy low carb red sauce and white sauce and put a quarter cup over my veggies. Parmesan is good or even low cal/fat salad dressings. Also healthy choice or campbells healthy versions are great dump over veggies. Use nonfat greek yogurt like sour cream...u'll be surprised that its really similar.

Also I eat beans and brown rice. I found some Creole style beans at the store that fairly low in carbs and mix in some brown rice. I'll eat something like this a few hours before I exercise.

Watch your sugar intake. Its your enemy. Read the labels. You'll be shocked at how much sugar is in breads and pastas. If u can't live w/o bread then stick to rye.

Get get good at using spices. I use garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, Basil, etc on everything. I use a lot of hot sauces too.

You can make things pretty tasty and easy if u experiment a little. For example I chop up cauliflower pretty finely and eat is like small pasta or rice. I sprinkle garlic and parmesan over it and throw in tons of sliced chicken cooked in fajita.seasoning. its tasty.

Hope that helps.

Sent using the elitefitness app.

Hi carwes

Nothing to add really to the suggestions for good food choices and spicing them up etc.
You said you didn't like the way you look and decided to change. Since you don't go into any detail about your weight or overall goals, it seems like your trying to eat healthier and lose weight?

With this in mind you could first concentrate on the actual caloric intake your consuming daily, and place less emphasis on radicalising how you eat. Let me put explain what I mean...

If you have a strong penchant for processed and what we term junk food, you're going to have a hard time trying to change things all at once. It might be worth considering concentrating on the amount of calories you're consuming first. When you've established how much you're currently eating daily (example: 3500kcals/day) try cutting down on this, say to, 3000kcals. If you're eating the 3.500kcals in four large meals per day, try eating four slightly smaller meals and make sure you don't go to bed hungry. Sounds daft, but if you're hungry in the night you might decide to raid the fridge or be less motivated for the following day.

After a few days of adjusting to smaller meals, try replacing one of them with some of the ideas above: chicken, turkey, pork, with salad or veggies. The following week try two meals with the more healthy options, until four weeks later you're not only eating less calories, but you've also successfully changed the type of foods you eat. within a month you should be eating more than a 1000kcals/day less and it will be made of nutritious and low fat, heart healthy foods.

Oh...and about 7Ibs lighter and tighter around the waist.

Regards,
Craig

Top Bottom