Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is my 700 Calorie shake healthy or not??

High im about to make my own shake to gain weight.Im 6ft 163 and wanna get to about 172-175.I also bought 300lbs of weights to lift last summer and saw minimum improvements only cause i weigh so little i was told.I eat 3x a day :
Breakfast (about 600 - 800 Calories)
4 Slice of whole wheat bread with a serving or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light on each slice
16oz glass of kool aid or Tang.

Lunch & Dinner (1300 - 1500 Calories)
Home cooked food usually some type of white rice or vegateble rice and chicken without the skin

Im about to start back my weight lifting and wanna add an extra 1400 Calories per day so i came up with a homemade recipe for a shake that's 698.7 Cals or it can be taken separately and not as a shake.I would like to get everyone's opinion on the Nutrition Facts being good or bad before i try it. Thanks.

1 Serving
Amount Per Serving

Calories 698.7
Total Fat 19.2 g
Saturated Fat 4.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg
Sodium 383.8 mg
Potassium 953.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 112.0 g
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 27.8 g
Vitamin A 12.1 %
Vitamin B-12 15.5 %
Vitamin B-6 46.4 %
Vitamin C 67.4 %
Vitamin D 25.0 %
Vitamin E 2.5 %
Calcium 31.9 %
Copper 19.5 %
Folate 16.8 %
Iron 27.5 %
Magnesium 32.1 %
Manganese 16.2 %
Niacin 29.8 %
Pantothenic Acid 12.8 %
Phosphorus 27.9 %
Riboflavin 33.1 %
Selenium 9.7 %
Thiamin 30.0 %
Zinc 14.2 %

You would be better off eating atleast 5 meals a day , ideally 6 .
ALL your meals should contain protein .
The first meal you mention is total crap - butter has no place in your diet unless its peanut or almond butter ,kool aid + tang pour them down the sink bro...
For your first meal drink a protein shake and have some oats ( you can add them to your shake or eat them straight with milk or water )
Dont get hung up on Gainer shakes - they are useful when the rest of your diet is in check but you need to get use to eating high protein meals with eggs,chicken,beef,tuna,nuts etc
There are some great threads with sample diets on this forum ,read plenty of them and plan a new diet for yourself.

Good luck with your training bro. :)

You would be better off eating atleast 5 meals a day , ideally 6 .
ALL your meals should contain protein .
The first meal you mention is total crap - butter has no place in your diet unless its peanut or almond butter ,kool aid + tang pour them down the sink bro...
For your first meal drink a protein shake and have some oats ( you can add them to your shake or eat them straight with milk or water )
Dont get hung up on Gainer shakes - they are useful when the rest of your diet is in check but you need to get use to eating high protein meals with eggs,chicken,beef,tuna,nuts etc
There are some great threads with sample diets on this forum ,read plenty of them and plan a new diet for yourself.

Good luck with your training bro. :)

Thanks man but i must ask..What would you recommend i replace the tang/kool aid with as a breakfast drink and what should i put in my raisin bagel or wheat bread if not reduced fat butter?It MUST be homemade cause after spending $80 on Cytogainer which lasted me 18 days (10lbs gain and started losing it once i stopped since it was my supply of the extra wieght gain nutrients) and only works if i keep using it, i can't afford to spend that much $$ right now on these powders cause they don't last long. That 1000calorie meal i posted as my new 4 meal of the day is only going to cost me about $50/MONTH as opposed to $80 for 18 days.Get back to me..

that is not a muscle building diet. get 5 full meals per day from wholesome cooked meals. 1 handul of beef, chicken, fish, or turkey/ 1 handful of oats, sweat potato, red skin potato, real whole grain bread, pasta, or rice/ 1 handful of broccoli, asparigus, or spinach in every meal. in addition to these meals eat 1 apple and 1 bananna every day. eat the bananna at breakast and the apple later in the afternoon. drink 1 glass o milk before bed.

between these meals you should be drinking plenty of water and a few mixed nuts about 1/2 hour after each meal. you could also add a whey shake post work out.

this is a start point. you can run something like this for a month or more then alter as needed from there.

Thanks man but i must ask..What would you recommend i replace the tang/kool aid with as a breakfast drink and what should i put in my raisin bagel or wheat bread if not reduced fat butter?It MUST be homemade cause after spending $80 on Cytogainer which lasted me 18 days (10lbs gain and started losing it once i stopped since it was my supply of the extra wieght gain nutrients) and only works if i keep using it, i can't afford to spend that much $$ right now on these powders cause they don't last long. That 1000calorie meal i posted as my new 4 meal of the day is only going to cost me about $50/MONTH as opposed to $80 for 18 days.Get back to me..

Follow the advive from Joe ^^^^^^^^ and forget about the gainers for a while.Most of the weight you put on from the cytogainer was probably fat.
the food Joe has listed will help you build quality muscle and can be bought much cheaper than tubs of sugar- filled supplements .

that is not a muscle building diet. Get 5 full meals per day from wholesome cooked meals. 1 handul of beef, chicken, fish, or turkey/ 1 handful of oats, sweat potato, red skin potato, real whole grain bread, pasta, or rice/ 1 handful of broccoli, asparigus, or spinach in every meal. In addition to these meals eat 1 apple and 1 bananna every day. Eat the bananna at breakast and the apple later in the afternoon. Drink 1 glass o milk before bed.

Between these meals you should be drinking plenty of water and a few mixed nuts about 1/2 hour after each meal. You could also add a whey shake post work out.

This is a start point. You can run something like this for a month or more then alter as needed from there.

+1

that is not a muscle building diet. get 5 full meals per day from wholesome cooked meals. 1 handul of beef, chicken, fish, or turkey/ 1 handful of oats, sweat potato, red skin potato, real whole grain bread, pasta, or rice/ 1 handful of broccoli, asparigus, or spinach in every meal. in addition to these meals eat 1 apple and 1 bananna every day. eat the bananna at breakast and the apple later in the afternoon. drink 1 glass o milk before bed.

between these meals you should be drinking plenty of water and a few mixed nuts about 1/2 hour after each meal. you could also add a whey shake post work out.

this is a start point. you can run something like this for a month or more then alter as needed from there.

thanks..will start tomorrow AM with more of those foods.

if it is impossible for you to eat one of these meals then maybe this shake will work for you

1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup mixed berries
1/2 cup oats
2 whole eggs
1 scoop protein powder

if it is impossible for you to eat one of these meals then maybe this shake will work for you

1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup mixed berries
1/2 cup oats
2 whole eggs
1 scoop protein powder

Oh ok.Well since i've added that 4th meal(use it as my breakfast) it's been a week and i've gained 2lbs which i think is normal gain for a week right??
anyways i didn't realize how cheap the 5lb bag of whey powder by EAS was.It's only $28 which is manageable for me so i bought it today for protein shake. This is my workout schedule so i would appreciate opinions.I only have 300lbs of weights and a flat/incline bench so this is all i can work with..oh and also with the protein shakes do i use it on days im only doing crunches??

Monday- Biceps, Obliques via Dumbbell Concentrated curls, Hammer curls & dumbbell side bend 1 set of 5x5 each
Thursday- Shoulders, Back & Chest via Flat bench press & one arm row 2 sets of 5x5
Saturday- Upper chest & Back via Incline & one arm row 2 sets of 5x5
*using pyramid technique from hi to low with weights
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday- Abs via 50 reg crunches
Tuesday- Rest

Not really into working out my legs lol

Oh ok.Well since i've added that 4th meal(use it as my breakfast) it's been a week and i've gained 2lbs which i think is normal gain for a week right??
anyways i didn't realize how cheap the 5lb bag of whey powder by EAS was.It's only $28 which is manageable for me so i bought it today for protein shake. This is my workout schedule so i would appreciate opinions.I only have 300lbs of weights and a flat/incline bench so this is all i can work with..oh and also with the protein shakes do i use it on days im only doing crunches??

Monday- Biceps, Obliques via Dumbbell Concentrated curls, Hammer curls & dumbbell side bend 1 set of 5x5 each
Thursday- Shoulders, Back & Chest via Flat bench press & one arm row 2 sets of 5x5
Saturday- Upper chest & Back via Incline & one arm row 2 sets of 5x5
*using pyramid technique from hi to low with weights
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday- Abs via 50 reg crunches
Tuesday- Rest

Not really into working out my legs lol

in the long run what do you want from training?

Top Bottom