Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ideas for a fast absorbing pre-workout morning meal(and not a protein shake)

Mike P.T.

For those morning workouts before work what would you suggest for a fast absorbing and adequate pre-workout meal that isn't a protein shake and/or is lactose free. I usually have a good amount of eggs and a type of meat along with rice and oatmeal but that's too slow. I want something(food not a shake) that I can digest fairly fast enough.

I then would go with some basmati rice with white fish or tuna. This will be pretty fast absorbed. That is actually what I eat post wokrout, first a 20g whey drink, then 200g white fish(36g protein) with 100g basmati rice that I cook a bit longer so the GI increases a bit. The basmati I have is pretty fast, GI 79, compared to the jasmine GI 81, all with with bread as GI 100 to compare with.

I wouldn't go with to fast carbs before a workout. I eat breakfast, then I hit the gym. For breakfast I mix 100g ryebread(pretty high when you tost it for a while) and to that I eat 100g white fish, also 15g caseinprotein and 80g oatmeal(10g fibers per 100g). This is a fairly slow breakfast. If I want it slower I just add 15-20g psylliumseeds, this will make the carbs real slow.

Q8TY said:
The basmati I have is pretty fast, GI 79
No its 58 G.I

jasmine GI 81,
No its 109 G.I

Yes it is dude. You might compare your with glucose, but I'm on white bread as GI 100, not glucose.

Top Bottom