Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delicious Chicken Breasts

Growth&Courage

Can anyone teach me how to cook chicken breasts VERY low in cooking oil (prefarable none) + no dairy products and yet make it nutritious, healthy and actually DELICIOUS?

I've tried some Asian recipe (light marination style) but it turned out ugly (still I ate the damn thing coz being hungry all the time)

So, what should I do to these breasts?

grilling them is best. just put some honey and lemon pepper on them then just spray the grill lightly with non-stick cooking spray.

Can I grill them on George's portable griller? Will that do the job?

Also I'm not sure if the honey + lemon + pepper will erased the chicken smell though (which I detest). Ya sure it'll cover up the smell of the rawness of the breasts?

Growth&Courage said:
Can anyone teach me how to cook chicken breasts VERY low in cooking oil (prefarable none) + no dairy products and yet make it nutritious, healthy and actually DELICIOUS?

I've tried some Asian recipe (light marination style) but it turned out ugly (still I ate the damn thing coz being hungry all the time)

So, what should I do to these breasts?

You don't have to use oil to cook chicken in....... I cook mine most often in a fry pan with cooking spray alone..... just keep the heat low, cover with a lid and turn it so it won't burn.... I never cook chicken in dairy products either.... :worried:

Otherwise grill it or cook on the Foreman grill....... there are a myriad of spices available that it would take too long to list them!!

As for the texture of the raw meat and the "smell" -- if chicken breasts "smell" they may be bad. They really shouldn't smell like anything....now if you're just squeamish about it.....you'll either get used to it or get over it

Heres a great low fat recipie for my "Tequilla lime Chicken" (made it last night)

1/2 cup gold tequila
1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 5-6 limes) u must go with fresh!
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges) ( u can substitute)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded or not)
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on or off

combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken breasts. refridge overnight or at least a few hrs.

heat a grill pan or grill and brush with olive oil. (or pam spray), and grill chicken breasts,.

(I like to pound the chicken breasts flat with a mallet)

real easy, tons of flavor, and almost no fat!

I like doing it the easy way....go to the store...buy lowfat italian dressing...marinade in the dressing overnite.... grill...very very good =) can be done with lamb and other shiz too...

JeSt3r said:
I like doing it the easy way....go to the store...buy lowfat italian dressing...marinade in the dressing overnite.... grill...very very good =) can be done with lamb and other shiz too...

The carb well Italian Maraniade is UNREAL AND AMAZING.....Me and my trainer are hooked....get the sugar free carb free kind. Has about 70 cals a serving. I dont even maranade, I just grill and dip....

Soak your chicken breast in cold water and kosher salt (yes, only kosher salt will do and no not a lot of salt). Let if soak for 20-30 or do it when you buy them and throw them in a zip lock bag after.

Oh and after you soak them rinse the off really well and pat dry.

They'll be juicy when you cook them.

Thanks guys!

jenscats5: I will try cooking my chicken breasts in an ordinary pan with lid on, see whether it'll be cooked or burned or not.

alphamale: I will try that recipe soon, but it appears very limey/citricy - ok for my gentle tunny?

jest3r - Italian dressing for mariation- that sounds awesome and easy. I must try that.

Velvett - what is kosher salt? Are they easily available in China town or some grocery store? Why will not ordinary salt do the job?

Growth&Courage said:
Thanks guys!

jenscats5: I will try cooking my chicken breasts in an ordinary pan with lid on, see whether it'll be cooked or burned or not.

alphamale: I will try that recipe soon, but it appears very limey/citricy - ok for my gentle tunny?

jest3r - Italian dressing for mariation- that sounds awesome and easy. I must try that.

Velvett - what is kosher salt? Are they easily available in China town or some grocery store? Why will not ordinary salt do the job?

Watch the heat -- keep it medium/low & turn it a lot.....

As for the Kosher Salt -- you can get it at the grocery store. It's labelled "Kosher Salt" or "Sea Salt" -- try & get fine so you don't have to grind it. Basically, regular salt is mined, stripped down, iodized, etc & it has no taste, etc...... Kosher/Sea salt is not as salty -- has a great flavor -- and really brings out the flavor of food. Try it -- it's worth it!

Top Bottom