Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

In this thread, we discuss interesting topics.

do you think creatures such as flies have a soul, or essence, or do they just exist through instinct and nerve synapse and reaction toward certain stimuli?

Bar fight results in one arrest

Altercation at Buddhist Biker Bar & Grill early Saturday morning stems from unwillingness of patrons to leave, leads to hospitalization of three employees

Stephanie Kassab, Cavalier Daily Staff Writer

A fight broke out at the Buddhist Biker Bar & Grill on Elliewood Ave. on the Corner early Saturday morning, leading to the arrest of one student and the hospitalization of three employees.

Third-year College student Daniel Hardesty-Dyck was arrested for assault and battery after hitting Law student Ryan Melogy over the head with a beer bottle.

According to Sgt. David Jones of the Charlottesville Police Department, the fight started at approximately 1:47 a.m as the establishment, located on 20 Elliewood Avenue, was trying to close.

"It looks like the Buddhist Biker Bar was closing down for the night and some people didn't want to leave and a fight broke out," Jones said.

Approximately ten people were involved with the actual fighting, and several people were injured during the fight.

"A couple people got cut on broken glass trying to break up the fight," Jones said, adding that one of the employees separated his shoulder. All three employees were transported to the University Medical Center emergency room.

Students who witnessed the fight but were not involved described a chaotic scene.

"I heard it and I looked over and there was a lot of glass and tables knocked over," fourth-year College student Kristen Boutchyard said. "There were a lot of people yelling. It was kind of shocking; I've never really seen anything like it because it seemed like it came out of no where."

The incident shocked and startled other bar patrons.

"There were probably about seven to eight guys, and it started with about three, I guess," fourth-year College student Lindsey Haines said. "There was one guy that threw another guy across a table and the table completely broke and glass shattered and went everywhere. Everyone was on the ground wrestling and tables were getting knocked everywhere. There was a guy walking away with blood dripping down his face, so that was a little disturbing."

Dean on Call Aaron Laushway said that this incident is not a matter the University takes lightly.

"This is very serious; we do not tolerate assault, particularly by one student to another," Laushway said.

Hardesty-Dyck awaits a court date over the incident.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/CVArticle.asp?ID=27817&pid=1480

:cow:

PICK3 said:
Do they have to be about science?

No, this is Chat, not the Science board. But the multiple rapping, reach-arounds and general threads about being geigh are well over played and have reached beyond the point where they even deserve bandwidth here.

FISHTALES said:
do you think creatures such as flies have a soul, or essence, or do they just exist through instinct and nerve synapse and reaction toward certain stimuli?

The latter. While this gets into philosophical territory, think of how annoying heaven and hell would be with all those billions of flies that have lived and died throughout the centuries.

samoth said:
No, this is Chat, not the Science board. But the multiple rapping, reach-arounds and general threads about being geigh are well over played and have reached beyond the point where they even deserve bandwidth here.

:( your right, but i was having fun, and i could never explore my AAP side like that in the real world

samoth said:

seems to be pretty popular subjects that entertained several good bros tonight

samoth said:
The latter. While this gets into philosophical territory, think of how annoying heaven and hell would be with all those billions of flies that have lived and died throughout the centuries.

This relying heavily on the prospect that there actually is a heaven and hell.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom