Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Horror Movies Ruin the Quality of Your Life

curling

I don't watch horror movies any more because I think they have a negative paranoid effect on your life.

When I was young I watched Friday the 13th at a theater with a bunch of people screaming. I swear that movie tripped me out. I looked under my bed every night and kept my shotgun by my side for at least 6 months.. On Friday the 13th one year I was out in the country hunting in the woods. I was constantly looking to see if that crazy lady was out there trying to slit my throat with my gun ready.

After Texas Chainsaw massacre I never wanted to stop at any small bbq places for a long while. I still get the jitters when I use rest area stops after this one movie I saw about a serial killer killing people violentlyat rest stops.

So I have decided just not to watch them anymore. There is enough scary stuff in life without having to purposely watch it for entertainment. I just watch drama, action and comedy now.

How have scary movies effecting your enjoyment of your life? Which ones did it and how?

Cornholio said:
Fantasy Vs. Reality

One is real and the other isn't.

I understand that. But perception also can become reality. If you are thinking about scary stuff when you are by yourself in the woods or in a dark house, you can start a real percieved paranoa(sp)

You know... just the idea of a 12 year old boy sleeping with a shotgun in his bed at night gives me an idea of how a future Tool grows up.

Ok... let's get this straight... you (a MAN) were in the woods with a GUN and you were afraid of a WOMAN with a KNIFE? If this wasn't such a lopsided idea of a fight in the first place, what exactly did you need? A tank?

Man you sound so paranoid. How on earth did you stay clean? Jaws had you scared to take baths and Psycho had you scared of showers.

Well maybe I was paranoid at the time but I did feel safer with the gun in the woods. Jaws now there is a good example you never thought about swimming in the ocean after you saw that movie? I mean be honest it never crossed your mind?

curling said:

I understand that. But perception also can become reality. If you are thinking about scary stuff when you are by yourself in the woods or in a dark house, you can start a real percieved paranoa(sp)

True, but that's like the argument that satanic music causes people to mudere, if you are a tool enought to listen to Ozzy and get so worked into a frenzy that you murder someone, then you were a big enough of a tool to do it in the first place.

That said, the clown scene in Poltergeist scared th ecrap outta me.

After watching Halloween: H20, I didn't visit a movie theater for over 3 months. I was terrified that the next $7 I spent would be on an equally shitty movie. After renting some movies in the Friday the 13th series, I started experiencing massive deja vu. I mean, I rented Friday the 13th Part II, and I felt as though the movie was identical to Part I. Isn't that strange?!!?!!

-Warik

Actually, I don't think I've evern seen a HORROR movie. Horror as in with the intent of scaring its viewers. Do you honestly think that "scary" movies like Scream, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmn Street, Halloween, Hellraiser, etc... are supposed to be scary to anyone over the age of 8?

I'M STILL WAITING TO SEE MY FIRST HORROR MOVIE!!!

-Warik

Now if you thought Jaws was bad about making you regret swimming in the ocean.... what about the Piranaha series of movies? Man, you would never water ski or skinny dip in a lake again.

Jae said:
Now if you thought Jaws was bad about making you regret swimming in the ocean.... what about the Piranaha series of movies? Man, you would never water ski or skinny dip in a lake again.

Well this is just a poor analogy since paranahas are not found in Texas lakes I don't think this would be relative but sharks can be in any ocean. And since I used to surf I did always wonder especially when a fish went by my leg if it was a shark or not.

Top Bottom