Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How hard is it to get anxiety meds?

Hey guys well I'm sick of my SA so after years of suffering with it I'm gonna see a psychiatrist. My question is , for anyone whos everyone experienced such a thing: are the meds hard to get? Are psychiatrists like dermatologists in the sense that they'll only give you actual medication if your case is rather severe? I think I have mine pretty bad (eg: afraid to walk into my dorm through the front door fearing I might have to say hi to people on my floor, afraid to raise hand in class, turning bright red and sweating when playing the "name game", etc.) And do psychiatrists usually prescribe meds or do they go for the therapy route more often? I'm sure their therapy (CBT) works but I just want some damn meds because I think they'd produce a more drastic change.

ty

CrazyRussian said:
Hey guys well I'm sick of my SA so after years of suffering with it I'm gonna see a psychiatrist. My question is , for anyone whos everyone experienced such a thing: are the meds hard to get? Are psychiatrists like dermatologists in the sense that they'll only give you actual medication if your case is rather severe? I think I have mine pretty bad (eg: afraid to walk into my dorm through the front door fearing I might have to say hi to people on my floor, afraid to raise hand in class, turning bright red and sweating when playing the "name game", etc.) And do psychiatrists usually prescribe meds or do they go for the therapy route more often? I'm sure their therapy (CBT) works but I just want some damn meds because I think they'd produce a more drastic change.

ty
if you smoke weed stop. if not talk to doc about lexapro. try to not go on meds if possible! you will never feel the same.

they are rather simple to get,and it helps quite a bit,ask biteme, he is on klonopin and says he is much better.

I take atvian and it lets me sleep at night,without it i worry about every little thing and dont get a wink of sleep.

sure it sucks that you need to resort to meds,but thats what they are for,and the best part of anxiety meds if you can take when needed

palehorse51 said:
if you smoke weed stop. if not talk to doc about lexapro. try to not go on meds if possible! you will never feel the same.

I smoke weed once in a blue moon...well aware of the post-weed depression so maybe I'll cut that out completely. And truthfully I don't care if I never feel the same...I can't even imagine how awesome it'd be to live without the constant stuid ass annoying nagging fears about this and that. If that means a little less brain clarity or a bit decreased sexual performance, I'd be more than willing to do it.

try NOT taking anything to start. Stop all caffiene, sugar and work out. This will help with your anxiety.
Xanax and Ativan are as addicting as heroin. Hard to get off.
I take xanax only when needed. I had a dr put me on xanax yrs ago and I had no clue about the effects. It was very hard to get off.
I changed my diet, started working out and presto, my anxiety went down a lot.
Don't look for the quick fix first.
Good luck!

go to the doctor and tell him that you are experiencing a a rapid heart beat, that you feel dizzy, like you're having a heart attack or stroke. tell him you have a very stressful job, etc. not that hard.

CrazyRussian said:

ty
Um psychaitrists prescribe meds to everyone who walks in their door. YOu shouldnt have a problem getting a script on your 1st visit.

Smurfy said:
Um psychaitrists prescribe meds to everyone who walks in their door. YOu shouldnt have a problem getting a script on your 1st visit.
that too. it's all about $$$.

Top Bottom