Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hemp seed Oil vs Flax seed Oil?

velvett said:

Hmmm

that sounds interesting.

Dumb question - can the flax seed tolerate the hot water?

Once it's grinded up the texture is much like cream of wheat.

Juice Authority said:

Once it's grinded up the texture is much like cream of wheat.

They have a Flax Seed Oil in some kind of Powder form... would that work the same way?

Big Rick Rock said:

They have a Flax Seed Oil in some kind of Powder form... would that work the same way?

No, I buy in seed form and grind it up.

I just checked it... same thing:

From the www.proteinfactory.com site.
Product Description:
Flax seed is ground to make a flax seed meal powder. The powder is a dark brown color, possessing a "seedy" taste. The product is high in fiber and does contain fat. The product can go rancid after 1 year.
Typical Analysis
Oil 15.6 %
Protein 31.7 %
Carbohydrates 39.3%
Fiber 30 %

Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description
Flax seed powder can be used to mix in meal replacement powder to add a small amount of dietary fat. Flax is the rarely found in Meal Replacement Powders. Why? The flax would tun rancid due to the pro-longed shelf life. If one chooses to use flax seed in there powder, usage be 10%-20%.

Big Rick Rock said:
I just checked it... same thing:

From the www.proteinfactory.com site.
Product Description:
Flax seed is ground to make a flax seed meal powder. The powder is a dark brown color, possessing a "seedy" taste. The product is high in fiber and does contain fat. The product can go rancid after 1 year.
Typical Analysis
Oil 15.6 %
Protein 31.7 %
Carbohydrates 39.3%
Fiber 30 %

Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description
Flax seed powder can be used to mix in meal replacement powder to add a small amount of dietary fat. Flax is the rarely found in Meal Replacement Powders. Why? The flax would tun rancid due to the pro-longed shelf life. If one chooses to use flax seed in there powder, usage be 10%-20%.

That's it but I was told it's much better to buy it in seed form and grind it up into powder.

Juice Authority said:

That's it but I was told it's much better to buy it in seed form and grind it up into powder.

Ok man :)

I've tried flax seed oil, and nearly every supplement available at one time. I don't believe they're worth the money. I've had my blood work done with and without these things and it always come back the same. I just eat a sensible diet, take a multi-vitamin, creatine. I feel the same as always.

biteme said:
I've tried flax seed oil, and nearly every supplement available at one time. I don't believe they're worth the money. I've had my blood work done with and without these things and it always come back the same. I just eat a sensible diet, take a multi-vitamin, creatine. I feel the same as always.

Actually if you take Flax seed the way I'm describing it does have some legitimate nutrition value especially for raising low HDL cholesterol levels. Unfortunately AAS really messes up your lipid profile by raising LDL and lowering HDL (the good cholesterol) levels. Since flax seed in its raw form is rich in Omega's it will help raise low HDL levels and clean out your system. Trust me; if you take Flax seed in its raw form and grind it up then pour hot water over it you'll have a nice solid shit right afterwards. I was amazed. It cleaned my colon right out.

Juice Authority said:

Actually if you take Flax seed the way I'm describing it does have some legitimate nutrition value especially for raising low HDL cholesterol levels. Unfortunately AAS really messes up your lipid profile by raising LDL and lowering HDL (the good cholesterol) levels. Since flax seed in its raw form is rich in Omega's it will help raise low HDL levels and clean out your system. Trust me; if you take Flax seed in its raw form and grind it up then pour hot water over it you'll have a nice solid shit right afterwards. I was amazed. It cleaned my colon right out.

Hmmm. Sounds interesting about the colon part. My cholesterol is only 142 and AAS doesn't raise it. I'm sure it works for others.

biteme said:

Hmmm. Sounds interesting about the colon part. My cholesterol is only 142 and AAS doesn't raise it. I'm sure it works for others.

Not bad. Now is that your total cholesterol or just your LDL level? What was your HDL level? That's the important one. When you look at your cholesterol levels the important thing to note is the ratio of LDL to HDL. My total cholesterol was 203, which isn't that bad but my ratio was way out of wack.

Top Bottom