x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Ever been to an open casket funeral? (to open, or not open? That is the question)

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Ever been to an open casket funeral? (to open, or not open? That is the question) within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: When you see that lifeless person you once knew for the first time, how does it make you feel? Iív been to two, and I donít like it, I donít like it at all. Someone died in my moms church, and I knew her a little, but knew her husband pretty good I guess. Would it be wrong for me to say I donít want to go if itís an open casket? Seriously I canít fucking stand sitting there looking at a dead corps for an hour. Even if it was my own mother Iíd have that thing closed. There is no point in

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ever been to an open casket funeral? (to open, or not open? That is the question)

When you see that lifeless person you once knew for the first time, how does it make you feel?

Iív been to two, and I donít like it, I donít like it at all. Someone died in my moms church, and I knew her a little, but knew her husband pretty good I guess.

Would it be wrong for me to say I donít want to go if itís an open casket? Seriously I canít fucking stand sitting there looking at a dead corps for an hour. Even if it was my own mother Iíd have that thing closed. There is no point in seeing someone who doesnít look like that person anymore.

My dad had an open casket viewing, but it was closed during the funeral.

My step-brother had an open casket. That was hard because he died pretty young (20s) and I never in my life saw him in a suit but his wife put him in one. Guess it doesn't matter, but it didn't seem like him in there. I'm pretty sure he'd have preferred to be wearing his Levis and motorcycle jacket.

I've only been to one open-casket and I didn't like it either. Just me being selfish though, it upsets me to see that person like that, I'd rather imagine them in a better place.

But if you're close to the people involved, it shouldn't matter if they asked you to carry the dead body on your back the entire time, you do it, in my opinion.

Code
    I have. Many.
    Last one was my sister-in-law's. She died in a car wreck.

They never look like you remember. But it doesn't haunt you.

I come from a long line of dead people.

Open casket is creepy. They have people who dress the body, style the hair and apply special makeup. Fact is, the person is dead, and no amount of artistry can hide the fact.

Everything about the whole process is creepy, which is why I want to be cremated. I'm donating all my organs, so I probably won't look too good anyway. Embalming is gross - they drain all your blood and pump you with embalming fluid to "preserve" you. Why on earth do I want to be preserved?! - and possibly with bad hair and makeup? NO WAY

Ashamed
    are you allowed to have sex with them?

I dont like open caskets because it seems to be the last thing burned into my mind that I actually remember about the person. So when I do go to them I just dont look.

Go fuck your own face! hardrock's Avatar
    When I was little I remember going to one of my grandpa's funeral. I looked in at him and could just barel see some staple like shiny objects on the inseide of his mouth. I imagine they were to keep his mouth shut.

Imagine how death breath smells?

Spartacus
    Originally posted by FitFossil
    Open casket is creepy. They have people who dress the body, style the hair and apply special makeup. Fact is, the person is dead, and no amount of artistry can hide the fact.

Everything about the whole process is creepy, which is why I want to be cremated. I'm donating all my organs, so I probably won't look too good anyway. Embalming is gross - they drain all your blood and pump you with embalming fluid to "preserve" you. Why on earth do I want to be preserved?! - and possibly with bad hair and makeup? NO WAY
    I'm a mortician and I could really get this thread rockin and rolling...embalming is mainly to arrest the decomp process and sanitize so that there may be a viewing..we are quite good at preparing the deceased and giving a natural appearance