Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here know Access well?

OMGWTFBBQ

brobe
I know Access very well as a database and how to use it that way - but I am trying to work on reports and forms in a custom Access application that is about 5 years old and I am getting frustrated.

Anyone? forms, reports, text boxes?

All I can say is I actually feel sorry for you at this moment.

I remember trying to generate reports from a database and it was the most horrific experience I ever had.

On the good side I am going to totally redesign this thing using a SQL server and a much better front end.
On the bad side they are giving me no real free time to get it done and instead having me hack at the old one to make it just barely do what we want - and they give me no forewarning just a "holy shit we need this done RIGHT NOW!!!"

Currently I have a report that has all kinds of text boxes on it.
What I need to do is really basic, but I'm having problems doing it.

I need one of the text boxes to simply look at a textbox on one of the forms (TextBoxA for example) and look at its value. If the value is not null, then show that value in the text field.
If it is null, then instead just display a default value.

It should be incredibly easy to do - but I can't get the report text box to properly be aware of the form textbox and I have no idea how they reference each other programatically and then what the syntax is for the reference in the IIf() call.

Rough code would be "=Iif(formIWant.TxtBoxName & "" <> "", "ASS", "BALLS")"

But that shit ain't working - at best it pops up a window asking me what the value for that shit should be. That would be fine for now if I were using this thing, but for our retards that would make them shit their pants and run around screaming "IT IS DIFFERENT!!! OH GOD, HELP ME!!!"

Yes I really know many things, including access and all things database.

You basically want to access the value of a form object and reflect it against a report?

Top Bottom