Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future (very serious thread, but jokes are welcome, since its C&C afterall)

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future

avidinternet said:
Because time is money. Money that you are not earning and time that you are wasting whilst treading water in the schooling system giving them your parents money. (That is the schooling systems business see...)

My parents paid for my education too and I went because they wanted me to as well, just like you are doing. Unless you are going to be a Doctor or a Lawyer etc. school is largely a waste of time as you will probably never actually use what you learn there.

If you started making money today and kept accumulating wealth and compounding it the entire time you plan on spending in school, what do you think your financial statement would look like at that same point and time in the future when you are done with school and have no assets?

wise woman (alter)

time is definetely money, and most people waste their time in school for something that has little or no bearing in life. Half the time they're buried in student loans they can't even repay.

my belief, unless you're an engineer or sorts(something that requires EXTREME expertise)....doctor or lawyer, then school is a joke. The other exception being those who are going to top 20 schools w/ a 4.0 GPA that can get recruited by all the top business firms.
even then, they still have to deal with the bullshit corporate world.

i believe you can make money in any industry you are in and be successful financially if you find the correct niche. It's just a matter of how much you want it and how far you take it. Some careers/industries easier and quicker than others

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future

calveless wonder said:
wise woman (alter)

time is definetely money, and most people waste their time in school for something that has little or no bearing in life. Half the time they're buried in student loans they can't even repay.

my belief, unless you're an engineer or sorts(something that requires EXTREME expertise)....doctor or lawyer, then school is a joke. The other exception being those who are going to top 20 schools w/ a 4.0 GPA that can get recruited by all the top business firms.
even then, they still have to deal with the bullshit corporate world.

i believe you can make money in any industry you are in and be successful financially if you find the correct niche. It's just a matter of how much you want it and how far you take it. Some careers/industries easier and quicker than others
at this point in my life dropping out of college is not an option

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future (very serious thread, but jokes are welcome, since its C&C afterall)

Ok, don't say I didn't try and warn you...

BTW chicks like guys with bank not guys living in their parents basements don't end up as that guy ;)

SublimeZM said:
at this point in my life dropping out of college is not an option

not saying you should. a degree is a good thing, just in case, to have especially if your parents are paying your way.

right now, with the way my industry is...i kind of wish i had a degree. i could have gotten a 4.0 in school i was interested (in fact, when i planned on being a lawyer...i did, and then i just fucked around after i decided i didnt want to wait till 26-27 to start seeing any money)

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future (very serious thread, but jokes are welcome, since its C&C afterall)

avidinternet said:
Ok, don't say I didn't try and warn you...

BTW chicks like guys with bank not guys living in their parents basements don't end up as that guy ;)
i appreciate your advice, but it just isnt something i can take, in terms of not going through schooling.

Calveless wonder Gets "IT"...

Not an alter damn it!

SublimeZM said:
this is exactly one of the things iv been looking into. i visited a friend recently who works out with an ex college strength coach who now trains on his own mostly for up and coming highschool athletes, and some college athletes train with him over the summer too. his job was fucking amazing to me and im going to hopefully be talking with him more, and if everything works out in my favor, doing an internship with him.

i didnt play any football in highschool or college though and im wondering if thats something that will have me taken less seriously when it comes to athletic strength coaching
subz, lummy is friends with UMD's previouis strength coach who is now a Strength coach a Harvard for the last 2 yrs. In fact, when the guy was still at UMD, lummy and I went and visited the training facilities that the athletes use. it was pretty fuckin awesome. all of their equipment (benches, racks, plates, etc) were all red lol

Smurfy said:
subz, lummy is friends with UMD's previouis strength coach who is now a Strength coach a Harvard for the last 2 yrs. In fact, when the guy was still at UMD, lummy and I went and visited the training facilities that the athletes use. it was pretty fuckin awesome. all of their equipment (benches, racks, plates, etc) were all red lol
i think i remember you telling me this back in the day. do you know any more info on how he got there, for example college, after college, and near his income range?

SublimeZM said:
this is exactly one of the things iv been looking into. i visited a friend recently who works out with an ex college strength coach who now trains on his own mostly for up and coming highschool athletes, and some college athletes train with him over the summer too. his job was fucking amazing to me and im going to hopefully be talking with him more, and if everything works out in my favor, doing an internship with him.

i didnt play any football in highschool or college though and im wondering if thats something that will have me taken less seriously when it comes to athletic strength coaching
All sports need strength coaches. Don't assume football is the only option.

Wow... ok, um... wow. So much info so little time... wow. I'm afraid to start this post because I may never shut up. Wow.

Top Bottom