Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GNC's Sleep Formula

MonStar1023

I was curious who on these boards has tried out this sleep formula? I am trying to find a decent sleep aid thatll help me fall asleep quickly and easily and ensure deep sleep..

The ingredients are as follows..
Kava Kava Root Extract (Piper methysticum) 90 mg.
(55% Kavalactones = 49.5 mg.)

Griffonia Seed Extract (Griffonia simplicifolia) 50 mg.
(20% 5-Hydroxy-L-Tryptophan = 10 mg.)

Melatonin (n-acetyl-5-Methoxytryptamine) 2 mg.

Whatd you all think?
:D:D

KavaKava i've taken big doses of it and it's never made me sleepy. and 5htp i never heard of anyone actually getting sleepy from this.
The Melatonin on the other hand will knock you out, but it is a hormone and some people recommended not to take it unless you're in 30's.

In my experience Melatonin does not really knock you out - it more or less relaxes you. If you choose to go this route I would do it with a sublingual melatonin tablet as this will get into your system quicker and bypass the gut to a certain extent.

If you really need to be knocked out you can always use generic Benadryl (Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride). You can pick it up cheap as an over the counter allergy pill.

Good luck!

Tony

:)

Everything mentioned is pretty decent for falling asleep, IMO, but they are not necessarily great for REM sleep, and they all give a bit of a hangover with the exception of 5-HTP.

Ambien sucks, plus u shouldnt take it for more than a week unless you like addiction and want to take something that doesnt work for u anymore...

5 HTP IS Serotonin, in case anyone was wondering.... but the thing is stomach acid destroys it... so what seems like a good deal is once again just a way for supplement companies to profit.

Anyone tried Valerian root ?

Top Bottom