Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can they really test positive with supps?

Maneesha

I was reading some articles about doping scandals,and I really follow this topic. So many times I see the athletesusing the lame excuse of their supplement being laced with prohibitedsubstances. Is that even possible that they can test positive ondoping tests just for their supplements?

You can not say that it is impossible to test positive with some ingredients found in supplements, but the probability of that happening is very slim, so I would say that in most cases this is just a lame excuse that sounds better than admitting to use PED's.

99.9% of the time, the people who got caught using banned substances are just trying to find an excuse. Supplements are regulated by the FDA.

However, there are products that you can legally purchase which are banned by sports governing bodies. Those are your 'grey area' of supplementation - things like pro-hormones, SARMS, clenbuterol etc.

As long as you stick to your regular dietary supplements like protein powder, creatine, fish oil etc. you have nothing to worry about.

It is possible but unlikely. Guys in professional sports need to be responsible for what goes into their bodies. I know the NFL puts out a list of approved supplements. If I were an NFL player I would be very careful and stick to that list.

Remember that it doesn't have to be an AAS or illegal substance. It can be something as simple as Cardarine or something that is "banned" from the sport.

Top Bottom