Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ala

riskybizz007

ALA prevents 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA)-induced neurotoxicity.

Aguirre N, Barrionuevo M, Ramirez MJ, Del Rio J, Lasheras B.

Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Navarra,

Pamplona, Spain.

A single administration of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, 20 mg/kg, i.p.), induced significant hyperthermia in rats and reduced 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) content and [3H]paroxetine-labeled 5-HT transporter density in the frontal cortex, striatum and hippocampus by 40-60% 1 week later. MDMA treatment also increased glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) immunoreactivity in the hippocampus. Repeated administration of the metabolic antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid (100 mg/kg, i.p., b.i.d. for 2 consecutive days) 30 min prior to MDMA did not prevent the acute hyperthermia induced by the drug; however, it fully prevented the serotonergic deficits and the changes in the glial response induced by MDMA. These results further support the hypothesis that free radical formation is responsible for MDMA-induced neurotoxicity.

riskybizz007 said:
This is my fav. supplement, so just adding a little bit more info to what we already know it does.
What exactly has ALA done for you bro, i've tried it at 750mg per day and really didn't notice anything amazing about it, how much do you take and what benefits have you received from it??????

Let me start off by saying, not all supplements are created equally, at least that's my opinion. I've tried NowFoods ALA at the same doses you took and didn't feel any different. The ALA i order from beyond-a-century.com i assume is a much better quality. ALA you have to be careful w/ it, it cannot be exposed to light or oxygen for too long a period of time, so don't ever buy the powders, or think the ALA in your creatine mix is worth a crap either.

Now why I like ALA so much... First off it allows your muscle to hold on to more glycogen thus lowering your blood sugar. This will make your muscles feel much more full, and because of that you will have some pretty massive pumps in the gym b/c of that fullness especially in my arms. Also, it is a potent antioxidant, both water soluble and fat soluble. Other than that it is a great liver protector. Moreover, it can deprive your fat cells of glycogen b/c most of it will be shuttled to the muscles. Also b/c of this you can say it is in a way anticatabolic as well. I find this supplement to work awesome when on a low carb diet, or for getting into ketosis much faster. And since it lowers your blood sugar you can also use it to help increase hunger if you take it b/w meals. Now if you read all of that, you'd see why this is my favorite supplement around.

I totally feel ALA from Now. I have the powder from Beyond a century and I feel that too.

I loveeeeee tha continous exploding pump feeling i get throughout the day, but you know what, I discovered that I get the EXACT same feeling when I eat Healthy Fats and 300grams of protein and up a day.

Top Bottom