Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Start of week 3 progress and why am I so freaking sore all the time?

WannaBeBig72

Today was the start of week 3 of the following cycle
dbol 25mgs weeks 1-4
test 500mgs weeks 1-12
eq 400mgs weks 1-12, frontloaded 800 week 1, 600 week 2
adex .5 eod

I'm up about 12 pounds which I guess is pretty good, although I'm sure some of that is water. I haven't gone up in strength as much as I'd expected (as an example my max out set with bench before cycle was 2 reps, now is 5-6). One thing I notice is that my body is sore alot and it seems to be taking longer then usual to recover (today I did chest and really felt it in my back which I did on Thursday). Is muscle soreness a side effect of adex? Am I too dried out or something?

its great to be sore just dont work out the muschle if its sore.....sore just means your healing and healing means your growing... also could be your cals are to low...

BIC

BIC said:
its great to be sore just dont work out the muschle if its sore.....sore just means your healing and healing means your growing... also could be your cals are to low...

BIC

I'm eating about 3500 calories a day (about 275-300 grams of protein). When I don't work out maybe 3200. You thinks that's too low? I have a desk job and am not that active. I'm also really not that big (trying to get there!). Just started working out 3 years ago.

I started the cycle 5'10 165 about 10% bf. Now I'm about 177.

no it means your not working out frequently enough and you are training to failure.

how are you dissappointed with your 2 rep max jumping to 5-6 reps, that is a huge strength gain bro!

|3ossman said:
no it means your not working out frequently enough and you are training to failure.

how are you dissappointed with your 2 rep max jumping to 5-6 reps, that is a huge strength gain bro!

It means I'm not working out enough and I'm training to failure, that's the reason I'm so sore? I don't think I understand that. Why would I need to work out more if I'm sore? Can you explain?

I guess I can't complain regarding the benching..I guess you always hear bullshit stories of people adding 100pounds to their bench and stuff (there was some thread on here recently about before and after AAS benching). I only started my 3rd week, and I guess the Test/EQ hasn't kicked in yet.

if you work legs (or any other large bp) twice, even three times a week, but not to failure (using the right amount of intensity and volume) you will never get sore. If you workout each bp once a week and train it really hard (like your probably doing) you will get extremely sore sometimes. And soreness has NOTHING to do with growth or getting stronger.

As far as the strength, wait until week 9 when that eq really gets going. You will get pretty strong just be patient. I usually add anywhere to 30-40 lbs to my max bench when im on. i think thats average.

|3ossman said:
if you work legs (or any other large bp) twice, even three times a week, but not to failure (using the right amount of intensity and volume) you will never get sore. If you workout each bp once a week and train it really hard (like your probably doing) you will get extremely sore sometimes. And soreness has NOTHING to do with growth or getting stronger.

As far as the strength, wait until week 9 when that eq really gets going. You will get pretty strong just be patient. I usually add anywhere to 30-40 lbs to my max bench when im on. i think thats average.

So what kind of workout would you recommend for strength/size?

Here you go

read through everything in the table of contents of this thread. priceless training info throughout this thread. Its alot of reading, but it is worth it.

|3ossman said:
Here you go

read through everything in the table of contents of this thread. priceless training info throughout this thread. Its alot of reading, but it is worth it.

I had read this a while back and was kind of confused by this. And this is why?

Madcow writes:

Mon......VolumePhase
Squat.......5x5
Bench.......1x5
Row.........1x5...................................

So 5x5 is 5 sets of 5 reps with working set weight (warm up to the target weight for the week and proceed through 5x5 with that weight). Where 1x5 is present you are pyramiding the weights upward each set to a target set weight for a single set of 5 (it's still 5x5 but each set gets heavier and your target set is the top set of 5).

So say my max bench is 225 5x times. How would this translate to what he writes as a 5x5 and a 1x5. I'm confused by it a bit.

That is a bunch of crap. Your sore because you have stressed the muscle. If you bench the same weight without increasing, you would never get sore right! And your muscle would adapt to that weight. So if you want to get bigger you have to increase the weight. What does the increased weight do?

It stimulates the muscle. It gets sore because you did a good job breaking down the muscle tissue. When it rebuilds it will grow bigger. Why? Because it is adapting to the heavier weight and intensity you have placed on it.

Lift heavy and hard and wait until the soreness goes away before doing that muscle again. Don't be fooled by anything else its hard work, rest, and protein that makes the muscle grow big. AS just help speed the process along.

Top Bottom