Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some candid comments for those debating using gear for the first time.

Freak Show

I pulled this off t-mag. Sounds like a lot of guys on this board, myself included, who have struggled with the idea of trying gear. Maybe this will help those of you who can't put into words why it is you do what you do.

T: What do you have to say to other natural guys who might be pondering the same decision about trying?

JN: It all comes down to what you want to look like, and whether you’re willing to take a little risk to get there. For instance, there are some natural guys who would be morons to start using steroids. Tito Raymond is a good example. He looks incredible clean, and even manages to make the top three in non-tested national shows. Why would he ever need to use drugs? Then again, with him and others like Skip LaCour, you’re talking about genetic freaks. Some guys just luck out with tiny joints and long, full muscle bellies. They can look awesome even at fairly light bodyweights. Once in a while you get guys like Skip who can be just as big or bigger than most guys on drugs. If I could have looked like them naturally, I would never have popped that ‘roid cherry. Most of us can never be that impressive without a little help. Then again, it takes at least five to ten years of heavy training and good nutrition before you have any idea what your genetic potential really is. Most guys on drugs never tried to take their bodies to the ultimate level that they could naturally.

T: So you’re still moralizing, but now it’s against other guys on drugs?

JN: That’s not exactly it. I’m saying that if you are going to use steroids, you should at least have learned how to train and eat properly and built some kind of solid base. I’ve seen little 100-pound brats walk into the gym for the first time looking for a dealer. That just pisses me off. To me that’s like trying to drive a tank without even knowing how to drive a car. You’re trying to jump way ahead of where you should be at that stage.

One more part for those struggling with "morals"

T: What about morals? Do you feel guilty about using steroids when you had been a role model for a lot of young natural bodybuilders?

JN: Like I said, I do feel bad about some of the guys who felt that I let them down, but a lot of that is the "us versus them" mentality that many natural guys have. The disdain they feel for bodybuilders who choose to use anabolics borders on hate. I confess that I used to be like that. If someone was on drugs, they were a bad person, and I was morally superior to them. Over the years I saw how ridiculous that was. Sure, steroids are illegal, but so are a lot of things people do. I know some natural bodybuilders who smoke pot on a regular basis, yet they still sneer at those "frigging juicehead assholes." Legally, anyone can walk into a liquor store and buy a half-gallon of vodka and a carton of cigarettes, both of which kill millions of Americans every year. But if a dedicated athlete wants to take something in reasonable doses to enhance his physique and performance, he’s a bad guy. To me that’s ludicrous.

I think we all went through this moralization at one time or another. I did small cycles of Deca and Primo to rationalize. Now I am doing no less than a gram a week from now on.

There is no moral issue about using steroids. Unless your the fine examples mentioned above who know how to beat the drug test and compete at natural events, juiced to the gills.

Top Bottom