Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Public High School Using Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon To Teach Constitutional Law

p0ink

Publik Edgeukashun's New Legal Scholars: Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon?
CT

If the names Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon don't come to mind when you think of Constitutional Law, don't worry. They shouldn't. But that is exactly who a high school teacher in Lake Oswego Oregon is using to teach a class on the subject.

The first clue that this class on our nation's Supreme Law might be a farce was when my son asked me to sign a premission slip. Curious as to why a class would require special permission, I decided to read the syllabus.

The class is built around three movies that will be shown through the semester. These include Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine"; Susuan Sarandon in "Dead Man Walking"; and the move, "Traffic."

Moore's "work" is intended to stimulate discussion around our nation's gun laws. "Dead Man" is intended to spark questions around capital punishment. And Traffic rounds out the fare with a look at our country's drug laws!

Nowhere in the syllabus is there a suggestion or mention that these obviously biased left wingers will be balanced out with alternative views or materials. Further, there is no mention about the significant body of material one would expect in a Constitutional Law class. No Marburry vs. Madison. No Plessy. No legal precedents. Just pop culture.

As this school year gets underway, I suggest parents out there start asking more questions of their kids about the kind of material they are being subjected to.

It wasn't that long ago that teachers were expected to be as objective as reporters in the way they developed and presented their materials. That is obviously no longer the case -- in school or in most media.

While we have yet to hear back from our inquiries to both the teacher and principal, we now have reason to believe the worst.

The teacher's personal website has a vision for a "world without borders."

you'd have to be fucked up on drugs to send your kids to the government school.

Teaching is the job of last resort for many stupids.

LOL

Well I agree with the last choice of films but that's it.

Top Bottom