Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Painkillers?

this wasnt where I wanted this thread to go.......I wanted to know the effects of these painkillers on bodybuilders if not abused.....meaning 1 vicodine a day MAYBE, or just a half....does it mess with digestion? Muscle gain? Etc........effects? 10-15 a day is absurd..

From someone who has taken it from 1 - 4 tabs a day while lifting on and off cycle, 1/2 - 1 - 500mg - 750mg tab a day isn't going to harm you at all. As for the digestion question that is unknown, like I said earlier in the post I can take 1 or 8 a day and have no problems while people I know take just one and have all the digestion problems in the world so it all depends how your own body reacts to them and I have reason to believe that it will cause you to have less muscle gain. Hope this helps you out.

bigrand said:
Are you serious? Addicted off 1 lortab every eod? Thats hard to believe, usually you need higher doses than that ED to become addicted, and lortab is about as soft as they come in terms of opates. What are your WD sypmtoms?

I was addicted to dillies (hydromorphone, strongest opiate, more addictive than morphine....didnt know that at the time)........a month of absolute hell coming off of those.

i started taking 1 eod just for shits and giggles and now i am taking 4 sometimes 6 every day. i wake up and eat 2 before i even have breakfast cuz if i dont i wont get out of bed,,,there are days that i am out of em and i stay in my bed all day and dont move for shit..

The withdrawal is worse than the pain you are killing. Withdrawal causes severe sweating (toxin release), muscle aches, depression (severe).

motodawg said:
dr is now prescribing oxycodone generic for oxycontin says there is no tylenol in them time released only 2 per day I've taken them there is no real buzz feeling and they are great for the pain. I have 2 disc that are herniated and i have sciatica it's hell.
oxycodone is not generic for oxycontin!! oxycodone is the medication all the word Contin means is "time released!!" so oxycontin is simply time released oxycodone i take 30 mg oxycodone tabs no aprin but they are not oxycontin, they are not a time released pill my is an instant release medication big difference!!

JKurz1 said:
this wasnt where I wanted this thread to go.......I wanted to know the effects of these painkillers on bodybuilders if not abused.....meaning 1 vicodine a day MAYBE, or just a half....does it mess with digestion? Muscle gain? Etc........effects? 10-15 a day is absurd..
Ya we're pretty off topic from your original q. Back on topic, I used 1-2 10/625 Hydrocodone/APAP (generic Vicodin HP) ED for several months rehabbing after a leg injury and had no problems. I continued use comparable amounts longer than I needed to because I just really like opiates, and that didn't get in the way of muscle gains. The only physical problems I've ever heard of anyone having from using Vicodin (in this context) all resulted from taking the drug shortly before lifting. The hydrocodone will definitely cloud your awareness of your body in the gym, and that's a fast track to an injury.

Used entirely as directed, Vicodin can reduce appetite and nauseate the user, which can hurt efforts to bulk. It also causes constipation. So yes it does hurt digestion a little, but not meaningfully if you're willing to forcefeed yourself and live with a possible hemorrhoid or two. The bigger issue is the APAP's effect on the liver. It is a bad idea to combine Vicodin with any oral steroids, prohormones, medications, supplements, or anything else that's going to stress the liver. If you do, you will need to take steps to protect the liver and have frequent blood work or else you're risking real and lasting liver damage.

Last edited:
bigrand said:
Good shit zaxxon, i havent looked into opiates TOO much (not in med school yet), but i remember reading hydromorph is a FASTER addiction to get than all (it didnt mention fent, i know thats a potent one used...similar to duragesic i think?) others including morph and all the oxys and percs and such. I know i LOVED the euphoric feelings on dillies (way better than any other, except percs cuz they make me hallucinate) and only after about 2-3 weeks of nightly use only (8-12mg per, 12mg had me breathing pretty shallow and near comatose, big mistake) i had a month of hell withdrawl after only 2-3 weeks. Constant shaking, naseaus, crying, it was like a 24hr panic attack without the blacking out...oh my god it was terrible.
Duragesic is a brand of fentanyl made by one of the J&J subs (can't remember which).

Your experience is a good story for people to see. Different people experience different opiate withdrawals in different ways (Person A may have a hard time dropping Oxycontin but not Dilaudid while Person B has that situation reversed and Person C can kick either easily). The point is that first-time users should basically assume that the withdrawal will be painful physically and probably more painful emotionally, and just because a person got off one opiate easily doesn't necessarily mean he can kick another (even a less potent one) without suffering a nasty withdrawal. To the OP, this is something worth considering... opiate withdrawal will not kill you but it may test you in ways nobody can prepare you for, even if you use them as directed.

What about Nubaine as a pain killer? I have taken this with great results. There are a ton of people that I know that love this stuff, but the only source in town got busted about six months ago.

fateful said:
I've had the back of my skull cut open 8 times in 7 years (5 surgeries were at mayo clinic in Rochchester, Minn) Had tumors in my middle ear cavity that kept returning bilaterly, luckily they weren't cancerous. Lost all off my hearing in my left ear and half in my right. I've been taking pain killers for over 10 years. Vicoden, lortab, percodone, morphine pills. Mostly vicodin though, and mostly unperscribed for the last 3.5 years (last surgery was 4 years ago) Anyway everytime my friends or current girlfriend thinks I have a problem I stop for about a month just to prove them wrong, but always make some excuse up to start on them again.

Like others said I get grumpy and moody without them. When I had the surgeries I was taking 10 - 14 a day 750 mg. I noticed if I take them recreational I average 4 - 5 a day which I think is considerly better ( still stupid but better) I've taken them on a cycle of deca, test, whin and eq and didnt notice any difference. though I've never had my liver checked and to be honest I'm afraid to. I stopped taking them for about 2 weeks now and am hoping to stay off, but as most of you know my demons are some times stronger than I am.

Hang in there man. You can do it and life becomes good when you do. I kicked the habit of various addictions myself and painkillers were really hard. It put me in a very, very depressed state of mind and my body actually ached for a couple two to three weeks. but when its over it was over. You know that once you quit you do not have the cravings so quit thinking you can go back without abusing the substance. One turns into five in no time flat. I am far from flaming you I understand I have been there and the last thing I am doing is putting you down I am just a guy that has had substances control my life and hate to see it do the same thing to others. If you need help there is help out there. The twelve steps really work the first few are the most helpful but they do work. You do not have to believe in god that is a huge misconception. I personally do not. But there is help if you want it! You and only you have to want it for it to work though. Not your girlfriend not your mom and dad not your friends just you! Godd luck bro. Never give up keep looking up! And know you deserve a better life free from addiction.

Top Bottom