Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Niacin

Fart Barker

I just supplemented with Niacin for the first time ever. I took three 100 mg tablets and only experienced a little flushing in my face.

How much should you normally take to start out with? And how often do you take it?

Errr...uh...start out with 50-100 mg per day and add another 50-100 mg in one week intervals until you get the amount you want. However, if you don't mind the flushing/itching reaction, then it will take a few days until that happens less and less. I only take 200 mg a day, but lots of people take more.

Regular Niacin can be toxic if taken in large amounts. I don't know what you're taking it for, however, if you're not taking it specifically for the flush effect, you may want to try No-Flush Niacin which you can take in pretty much any amount.

I guess if you take a couple of grams of Niacin every day for years it might have some 'toxic' effect. I use 5 grams of niacin once a week. I've been using it for 20 years. 20 years ago it took a gram to get me 'cooking'. Tolerance to it has increased that to 5 grams.

It dialates all the capillaries in the body. That's like exercising the vascular system. Keeps it elastic. It also releases lots of histamines. That's what gives you the 'hot rush'. I don't know what purpose histamine serves in the body. It's stored up though and if you get stung by a bee it releases and can cause all kind of problems. Since I get rid of the histamine every week I don't have a problem with bee stings. Of the two times I've been stung in the past it didn't even raise a bump. Hurt like hell when he stung me though once. The other time I was rushing on niacin and I barely noticed the sting. Could be preventative medication for anaphylactic shock. Someone who is allergic to bees could check this out. Of course the niacin could kill them also.

I know several old people who take niacin for cholesteral and I guess it accomplishes something. But if I was old and has clogged arteries high doses of Niacin would be the last thing I would take. The way it expands the veins and such it could cause a chunk of that junk coating the arterial walls to break free and get caught up in some small capillary in the brain. I think that's called 'stroking out'.

Anyway, niacin has it's use. There are a couple of other things it does internally but I haven't seen anything on that in print yet. So I'll just leave that part to speculation.

you can avoid the flushing affect

take your niacin right in the middle of a large meal

this is what i did for my last contest...... niacin also helps out with vascularity (veins you know)

i was taking a 500 a day or 5 grams that is

if i screwed up and took it on an empty stomach.... THEN LOOK OUT ITS LOBSTER BOY!!!!

yeah i freaked my girlfriend out one time.,.... that was bad..... try in right in the middle of a ballanced meal.

i did notice that even though i was on fire and rashed all over.... i felt like i was superman........ ahhh....just musta been my brain fying..... oh well........ i hope that helps

I take 2000 mg's of Niacin a night with no problems, it really helps your Lipid profile, especially your LDL :}

A little update on pain on heavy doses of Niacin. On Saturday I was messing around in my garage cutting up some boxes with a utility knife. I had taken 5 grams of niacin 2 hours earlier. Red as a beet but the histamine rush had passed. Anyway while cutting up one of the boxes the utility knife slipped and wouldn't you know it 'right into my right thigh'. I was in my running shorts. Put a nice gash about an inch long clean through the skin. Muscle was visible but luckily it didn't get cut. Didn't hurt that much, just pissed me off. Stupid me. So I called the local pharmacies about getting some sutures. The ones that had them wouldn't sell them to unlicensed people, whatever that means. They aren't a prescription item. I tried a couple of the butterfly closures but they wouldn't work because of the problem of stopping the bleeding. So I just cleaned it up good with iodine, smeared some Neosporin on it, covered it with some gauze, pinched the edges together as best I could and put Duct Tape over the whole thing. Worked pretty good for field expedients. It could have used a couple of stitches though. It never did hurt. I pulled the patch off Sunday and everything looked pretty good considering. Patched it back up again in the same manner and went about my way. It's surprising that it doesn't hurt. Seems like the last time I got cut with a machete years ago in a similar fashion it hurt like hell. I'm just wondering if histimine is somehow involved in the pain process. Anyway I went on line today and ordered some sutures and a needle clamp just in case of some future accident. Screw the pharmacies. They're just trying to drum up business for the medical community.

Top Bottom