Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Milk and Gynecomastia

Mike_R

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumour that drinking too much milk could cause gyno? I read that somewhere.

never heard that. if it were true I'd probably have it.

I think its basically because for some people dairy makes them hold water making them look puffier. Since there pecks look puffier OH NO I must have GYNO!

With all the hormones and crap in milk I wouldn't be suprised if it causes that as well as all the gastro intestinal problems with it.

Doesn't anybody think it strange that mammals don't drink milk past infancy, yet we are told to drink gallon upon gallon of it a year. Not to mention that 70% of the world's human population is lactose intolerant, which makes the ability to digest milk abnormal.

(no I am not saying this because I care how cows are treated)

karde said:
Not to mention that 70% of the world's human population is lactose intolerant, which makes the ability to digest milk abnormal.

70% seems quite a bit off, I know only 2 people w/ lactose intolerance as opposed to the tons that I know don't have it to the slightest degree. (yes is fairly easy and they would know if they had it if they constantly ate cereal and icecream to no discomfort, if you still think well they can still have it then I say too many people have protein intolerance and we shouldn;t eat that because it gives some people sides of smelly gas or runs if they eat too much)

Humans are the only animals I know that also strength train w/o being forced to, Humans are the only animals that take multi vits they mustn't be good for you past infancy, humans are the only ones who build digital networks lets do away w/ the internet its just not natural. Humans are the only ones that ............

You can't define what is natural to a human by comparing other animals. Ever wonder why we don't classify ourselves as animals? I'm sure if other animals could figure out how to milk cows and keep herds they would. They wouldn't take milk from their own pack because thats just leeching nutrients from one another and doesn't actually bring anything moreinto the pack just swaps it around.

Your experience only includes people you know. I said world's population. My number is not off.

Humans also get very little activity compared to most wild mammals.

ok my experience includes the US, I can attest I have a pretty good feel for the # of people with milk intolerance here.

your right though, I'm aware that in other countries milk isn't as popular and I do believe that intolerance is somthing you can aquire from eating little dairy and also something you can slowly but painfully cure.

So if in the country drinking milk isn't as common place as in the US I can see where the lvls of intolerace are much higher, however here in the US. Cereal alone is so huge that that alone puts alot of milk in our diets

According to a recent Journal of ADA I have, "In the United States, the prevalence of lactose maldigestion has been estimated to be about 25% of the population. The condition occurs in 15% (6% to 19%) of whites, 53% of Mexican Americans, 62% to 100% of Native Americans, 80% of African Americans, and 90% of Asian Americans."

Inman-Felton, Amy. "Overview of Lactose Maldigestion (Lactase Nonpersistence). Journal of The American Dietetic Association . Vol. 99 (4). April 1999481-86.

Actually, this article quoted a 1998 article of J. ADA. titled " Gastrointestinal Disorders: "Roles of Nutrition and the Dietetics Practitioner".

I'm sure there are more recent studies/articles with similar and/or different averages (IN USA), but this is just one I had on hand in the drawer. It could be easily found if it's a big deal here.

If one is Lactose intolerant, or id one consumes large amounts of milk, then he/she could add some Lactase pills to aid in digestion.

MR. BMJ

ps, there are 3 different types of lactose intolerances which effect people world-wide.

Top Bottom