Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mike mentzer HIt

HEARTattack

enbody ever used this type of training that he usd, you know where you split your body into two halfs and train them twice a week, with few sets and exercises, but with max intensity!
Ha

I used to see Mike all the time at the gym. He always looked like crap on a stick and his clients always looked like crap.

That is why I never followed his advice.

I have tried his workouts and I really dont like them. the 1-2 reps just dont do it for me. I never felt like I had a good workout or a good pump after one of his workouts. I like being able to go home and lay in bed at night feeling proud of the workout I had. maybe its just me, but, 1 rep doesnt do that for me. If you read his books and reports everything makes complete sense, its just not for me. Its good to read up on different routines and techniques that have worked for different people at different levels, try them out and figure out what works best for you. Ive read many times that he was highly criticized for not being as cut as his competitors.

M.O.D said:
charles glass, best trainer there is

I used to see Charles do these amazing transformations on his clients. He would work with them... and a few months later they were on every magazine cover... then they'd stop working with him (too tough some said) and within a couple months they were gone from the scene,

I never figured out why Charles was head-and-shoulders above everyone else, but he was.

Keep it beefy said:
sofageorge, when did you see mentzer...wasn't he pretty good back in his day? he took the Mr. Universe with a perfect 300.

I saw him almost every day for about 10 years. He was a trainer at Gold's Venice. It was a pretty sad life for a guy his age to have to live... even if he was a "famous" trainer. He may have been good back in 1980... but by the '90s he wouldn't even take his jersey off in public. He didn't just fall... he fell hard.

Odd thing too... at Gold's there was a line of pictures on the wall... all of the Mr. America winners... then as you walked down the line suddenly there was a blank space where Mike's picture should have been. I never asked why it wasn't up... if you knew him it was obvious... he was a very bitter man towards the sport of bodybuilding. He never got over getting screwed out of the 1981 Mr. O.

Top Bottom